ATEM Mini Pro YouTube Not Getting Enough Signal

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

streamingprobs

ATEM Mini Pro YouTube Not Getting Enough Signal

PostWed Jan 18, 2023 11:39 pm

I am streaming from my ATEM Mini Pro. No matter what streaming settings after a minute or so Youtube gives an error that it is not getting enough bandwidth. I have the ATEM connected directly through ethernet. This started recently.

I can stream to Youtube using OBS on the same network at 4500 bitrate with no problems. But even on the lowest youtube stream settings in the ATEM I still encounter the problem.

I thought the unit was fried so I purchased a new one but it is no better. Any ideas?

I get about 14Mbs upload when I ping. I am on comcast business.

-

mikeah97

Re: ATEM Mini Pro YouTube Not Getting Enough Signal

PostSat Jan 21, 2023 2:07 pm

The problem is in the way the ATEM encodes the stream. OBS is sending a constant bit rate output so YouTube is happy. The ATEM sends a variable rate so if you show a static image for a while the bitrate goes down. If this happens during static images I guess you can ignore it. I wish there were an ATEM fix but this has been an issue for me for their WebPresenter HD and the mini pros I use.

ManchesterV

PostSat Jan 21, 2023 4:20 pm

"Not enough data" error is spurious..ignore it if the stream is otherwise fine.

streamingprobs

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 5:33 pm

ManchesterV wrote:"Not enough data" error is spurious..ignore it if the stream is otherwise fine.

Yeah, the stream does serious buffering and I don't understand why. I just changed the settings to 1080 30 from 1080 24 to see if thats the issue and its not it. I really don't know what to try here.

streamingprobs

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 5:35 pm

mikeah97 wrote:The problem is in the way the ATEM encodes the stream. OBS is sending a constant bit rate output so YouTube is happy. The ATEM sends a variable rate so if you show a static image for a while the bitrate goes down. If this happens during static images I guess you can ignore it. I wish there were an ATEM fix but this has been an issue for me for their WebPresenter HD and the mini pros I use.

I just showed the graphic but it was a slideshow and it happens when we broadcast live events. I really don't know where to try and troubleshoot the problem.

Samuel67

PostSun Mar 26, 2023 3:27 pm

Hello, I have exactly the same problem since 15 days. Did you find a solution ? THANKS

streamingprobs

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 3:02 pm

I changed my internet service to from xfinity to at&t to see if that's the problem and that did not fix it. I have ordered a new ethernet cable and will try to bypass my UGM pro. Other than that I have to guess its an ATEM problem.

LouisBacker

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 3:43 pm

streamingprobs wrote:I changed my internet service to from xfinity to at&t to see if that's the problem and that did not fix it. I have ordered a new ethernet cable and will try to bypass my UGM pro. Other than that I have to guess its an ATEM problem.

A workaround-cum-test is to use the USB-C port on the Atem Mini as a webcam out. Using OBS Studio on a Mac or Windows PC, configure your ATEM Mini as a webcam input, put your YouTube URL and Streamkey into the OBS Settings section (set to Constant Bit Rate - CBR and stream at say 5-6Mbps) and see if that fixes it. If your YouTube channel is still complaining, then it's possibly your internet connection upload speed or stability.

OBS does have a number of fine-tuning settings for streaming, so best consult some YouTube videos before straying off basic settings.
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

streamingprobs

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 5:09 pm

LouisBacker wrote:
streamingprobs wrote:I changed my internet service to from xfinity to at&t to see if that's the problem and that did not fix it. I have ordered a new ethernet cable and will try to bypass my UGM pro. Other than that I have to guess its an ATEM problem.

A workaround-cum-test is to use the USB-C port on the Atem Mini as a webcam out. Using OBS Studio on a Mac or Windows PC, configure your ATEM Mini as a webcam input, put your YouTube URL and Streamkey into the OBS Settings section (set to Constant Bit Rate - CBR and stream at say 5-6Mbps) and see if that fixes it. If your YouTube channel is still complaining, then it's possibly your internet connection upload speed or stability.

OBS does have a number of fine-tuning settings for streaming, so best consult some YouTube videos before straying off basic settings.

I already know OBS works fine.

So the problem is either the ATEM mini pro or the UDM with the ATEM mini pro. What's frustrating is that it worked fine for a long time. I switched ATEMs and the problem persists.

prattjw

PostTue May 16, 2023 2:03 am

Just got a new ATEM (Video out no longer working on the old one). I'm having the same issue with my brand new ATEM - nice to know I'm not alone, but it would also be nice if I didn't have this problem. It worked for a long time on the old ATEM. Anyone find a solution to this yet?

streamingprobs

PostWed May 17, 2023 7:06 pm

If you find this post, I finally got a solution.

I followed this post. Download the zip file and load it like the post states.

viewtopic.php?p=907144#p907144

CUBuffskier

PostThu May 18, 2023 7:00 pm

I'm having the same issue Jeff. I just got my atem mini pro iso this week and can only stream as webcam through OBS to youtube.

In addition, I can't seem to do ISO to SSD recordings either without the machine stopping recording, but the red light stays on after just a couple minutes. I've tried t5, t7 and sandisk - all stop very early when iso is on. When it's just program to SSD it's fine.
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

Resolve Studio 18.0.1 Build3
Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro, 64GB RAM, 24 Core GPU, 2TB SSD, 24" LG Ultrafine, 3G Ultrastudio, Speed Editor

CUBuffskier

PostThu May 18, 2023 7:01 pm

I'll add I have a unifi dream machine SE, and placed a support ticket with them to see if it's anything to do with my router or firewall stuff.
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro, 64GB RAM, 24 Core GPU, 2TB SSD, 24" LG Ultrafine, 3G Ultrastudio, Speed Editor

CUBuffskier

PostFri May 19, 2023 9:49 am

streamingprobs wrote:If you find this post, I finally got a solution.

I followed this post. Download the zip file and load it like the post states.

viewtopic.php?p=907144#p907144

This!! Ah man, I'm so thankful this was posted. It fixed the issue for me so I can use the encoder out of the mini instead of OBS. I wish this was a built in preset in the atem software, that would have saved a lot of troubleshooting hours.

Now to try more SSDs that won't stop recording my ISOs.
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

LouisBacker

PostFri May 19, 2023 1:20 pm

CUBuffskier wrote:In addition, I can't seem to do ISO to SSD recordings either without the machine stopping recording, but the red light stays on after just a couple minutes. I've tried t5, t7 and sandisk - all stop very early when iso is on. When it's just program to SSD it's fine.

ISO recording issues can also be attributed to the USB-C cable length and quality, then in which case, the drive spec won't make any difference (we use Sandisk Extreme portable SSDs, without issues).

We use a short (approx 20cm) certified USB-C like this: https://proav.co.uk/accessories/kondor- ... ight-angle
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

CUBuffskier

PostFri May 19, 2023 1:39 pm

Thanks Louis, I'll keep trying more cables
Chadwick Shoults
CreativeVideoTips.com

prattjw

PostSun May 28, 2023 5:42 am

We seem to have identified our problem...
Our new ATEM was on an updated firmware version which was running into issues with our router (ubiquity). Unplugged ethernet from router and directly into internet provider modem. Streaming worked without issue
Our tech put in a service call with ubiquity. Hope that helps!

Return to Live Production