ATEM Mini output to portable folding LCD screens

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

alfindlay

ATEM Mini output to portable folding LCD screens

PostThu Jan 19, 2023 2:45 pm

Hello clever people!
I'm a long time user and lurker but first time poster. I very much enjoy the tech advice here so hope I can contribute somehow in the future.

I wonder if anyone can help with this; I've seen some similar threads but they don't come to any conclusion and I don't want to hijack an old post.

I have ATEM mini 4 ch and also Mini Extremes and I cannot get any of them to work with my small 13.3" folding LCD screens (cheap WIMAXIT model), either as M/V or program using HDMI 1 or 2 outputs. I'd love to be able to use them as M/V or even as program output as small comfort monitors on lecterns, but they give a messy corrupted image and/or "mode not supported"

I've recently borrowed an ASUS folding 15.6" and that seemed to work okay after a bit of start-up wobble. Then I went to buy the same from Amazon and that failed to work too.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the output resolution or fps on the ATEM mini? I've searched the settings but cannot find anything.

Does anyone know why the small folding screens don't show the HDMI output of my ATEMs? I have tested the screens with my laptop on all resolutions and they seem to work fine at 30hz 29hz, 59.9 hz, 50hz 60hz etc

Could anyone recommend a nice cheap folding screen that does work well with the ATEM minis?

Thanks in advance and peace to all.
Al

henrychan

Re: ATEM Mini output to portable folding LCD screens

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 5:58 pm

ATEM Mini family only supports output variations of 1080p. If you're getting 'mode not supported', then likely your folding screens do not natively support 1920x1080. You can look at the documentation for your screen to see if you can manually configure.

Babs J

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 5:13 pm

Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Tim_Partridge

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 4:14 am

A lot of inexpensive PC monitors only run at 60Hz and expect the PC to adjust its output accordingly.

From ATEM software control click the cog bottom left. The settings window comes up. On the General tab in the Video section change "Set video standard to:" from Auto mode to 1080p60. That might make it compatible with your monitor. The drawback is that all output, including streaming, is set to that standard.

As another poster has said, using a video recorder monitor might be better since they tend to be designed to cope with multiple input frequencies.

Tim

Return to Live Production