Can't connect and update FW to Studio Viewfinder

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

joeyandfrenchy

Can't connect and update FW to Studio Viewfinder

PostSat Jan 21, 2023 4:18 pm

Hello,

I'm putting together some URSA Broadcast G2's with Fiber Converters and Studio Viewfinders. I've been able to connect to everything and update firmware with a USBC cable. My computer sees under Bluetooth and Other Devices.

However, the Studio Viewfinder does not appear in the BMD Camera Setup app. I opened the other apps (Hyperdeck, WebPresenter, ATEM, etc) just in case but it doesn't open there either.

Any ideas? Is the firmware on this piece so old even the Setup utility doesn't see it?

Thank you

Thomascavs

Re: Can't connect and update FW to Studio Viewfinder

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 4:43 pm

Are you connecting the usb c directly to the viewfinder? It cannot be updated through the camera. You need to remove the hood to see the usb c connector and it should update. I had the first version of the viewfinder which didn't work properly with the Broadcast G2 but was perfect after an update. I can take a pic of the connector tomorrow and post it
4 x Ursa Broadcast with Studio viewfinder. Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k Ef. Ursa Mini 4k. Ursa Mini 4.6k. Television Studio Pro 4k. Hyperdeck Pro 4k. ATEM Camera control Panel. Autoscript EPIC IP 17. Constellation HD with Advanced panel

Return to Live Production