Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3G - Sound issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

billyboy77

Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3G - Sound issue

PostMon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 pm

Hello,

I use a Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3G to take in an SDI cable feed into my Macbook running Wirecast. Myself and my colleagues all have the same kit and we have all experienced intermittent sound issues with this card. We have isolated the issue to the card - it runs fine for a while then we get a few minutes of the sound cutting out and then it is fine again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Billy

Babs J

Re: Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3G - Sound issue

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 pm

billyboy77 wrote:Hello,

I use a Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3G to take in an SDI cable feed into my Macbook running Wirecast. Myself and my colleagues all have the same kit and we have all experienced intermittent sound issues with this card. We have isolated the issue to the card - it runs fine for a while then we get a few minutes of the sound cutting out and then it is fine again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Billy

I experienced the same issue in December when doing a funeral, I had to refund the payment back to the client. I used it on a 14" Mac M1 thunderbolt to the Ultrastudio Recorder 3G, no sound on recording. Very disappointed and frustrated.

I have used Ultrastudio Mini recorder on an Intel Mac 13" 2015 and never had a problems.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Return to Live Production