Jumpy program output on 4 M/E Constellation

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sethholehouse

Jumpy program output on 4 M/E Constellation

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 7:28 pm

The program monitor on my ATEM 4 M/E Constellation, especially when displaying a Supersource layout, is jumpy and jittery the way you'd expect with a framerate mismatch but there is no mismatch and the exact same video inputs output perfectly from my ATEM SDI Extreme.

Fortunately, it doesn't appear to come out in the Hyperdeck recording, but if I input the feed and record it via my computer then the jumpy output persists.

I've never had this issue before with Blackmagic devices, and I've used many of them over time. Can anyone help me with this?

Visionaries

Re: Jumpy program output on 4 M/E Constellation

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 2:53 pm

If you have not already discovered the 4 m/e constellation has a known issue with the Supersources glitching. It showed up during one of my live broadcasts and would come and go intermittently. Many believe it only effects Box 1 of the supersource. I have not been able to confirm this to date. BM is aware of this problem and tells me they are working on a fix but cannot give a time frame.
ATEM 4 Constellation, 1 M/E Panel, MixEffect Pro

Tobias Dieterich

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Yes, there is a bug related to SuperSource, see https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=171779&p=906630&hilit=supersource#p906630

Blackmagic Design is working on alle the bugs, but does not communicate a time lime. Incident handling is far away from professional (you get what you pay for).
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de

video and embedded software engineer
ready for SMPTE ST 2110

qmedia.nu

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 8:10 am

I had this same problem but thought of the Extreme pro iso which I also use. I remembered that is was important to have input one for determining what setting it has to be on. I tried this also on my Constellation HD 4M/E and for 3 day's broadcasting now, this problem is gone. Recap, first power your camera 1 before you power up the Constellation. I hope this does the trick for you all.

Return to Live Production