ATEM Mini Pro can't stream to Facebook Live Event

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JFahl_Pipeline

ATEM Mini Pro can't stream to Facebook Live Event

PostWed Jan 25, 2023 9:44 pm

I have searched the forums and couldn't find anything about this listed. However if I missed it, please show me the link and I'll check it out.

Beginning last Wednesday we have begun having issues with Facebook Live Events we schedule not accepting out live stream from our ATEM Mini Pro, with the ON AIR button flashing red and white. From my Googling that indicates that there is an unstable connection.

We stream our church service over Facebook Live, so on Wednesdays we create the Live Event so it will be ready to go on Sunday mornings. For whatever reason, if use the stream key Facebook gives us for that event, switching to the persistent stream key, or trying to use the backup stream key results in the light flashing red and white.

If we select the option to go live within the next 24 hours, the stream works just fine. But that means we can't schedule our Live Stream during the week.

I updated the ATEM Software Control to 8.10 which I believe is the latest version, but no help.

On the Facebook side the preview window just says 'Connect streaming software to go live'.

I have tried to go through the XML file and update it with the RTMPS server Facebook gives me manually, using https://heretorecord.com/xml/ and https://handig.tdtproductions.nl/tools- ... generator/, but none of them work and I get the same issue.

For the meantime I can create live events the day of, but that's not sustainable for more than a few weeks.
What's the issue that I am missing here?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 3.22.05 PM.png
ATEM Software Control
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 3.22.05 PM.png (275.14 KiB) Viewed 637 times

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: ATEM Mini Pro can't stream to Facebook Live Event

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 11:26 am

can you test streaming elsewhere ?
it may be facebook live not working properly

JFahl_Pipeline

Re: ATEM Mini Pro can't stream to Facebook Live Event

PostSat Feb 04, 2023 10:46 pm

Hey Raphaël, thanks for the response.

I am able to get it streaming on Facebook Live if I choose 'Go Live' instead of 'Create A Live Event'.

And I can get it to stream to Youtube as well.

It does seem to be creating a live event on Facebook that causes the problem.

Any idea of how to potentially fix this? Anybody else also having this issue?
And is there any known way to contact Facebook about it as it seems to be more on their end than the hardware/ISP side of things.

Return to Live Production