ATEM SDI No Video Coming Through - Black Screen Hi there, I'

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

hunterlamirande

ATEM SDI No Video Coming Through - Black Screen Hi there, I'

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 5:34 pm

Hi there, I'm having a problem getting my camera feed to show up into the output on my ATEM SDI Extreme ISO. Here's my configuration:

Sony A6100 -> Mini HDMI to HDMI cable -> HDMI to SDI 12G converter -> ATEM SDI Extreme ISO Input #8 -> SDI IN on SDI to HDMI 6G converter -> HDMI cable -> Monitor.

The multi-view shows up on the monitor, but the camera 8 shows nothing. I tried input 1 and 2, but also heard those don't work the same as the other inputs. The camera is on, and I checked power on both of the HDMI/SDI converters.

Am I doing something wrong? The video does not come through to multiview, just a black screen.

hunterlamirande

Re: ATEM SDI No Video Coming Through - Black Screen Hi there

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 4:20 pm

I did change the settings on the camera to 1080p which did not work. Alternatively, I had another ATEM mini that was HDMI, and it worked with this configuration:

Sony A6100 -> Mini HDMI to HDMI cable -> HDMI to SDI 12G converter -> SDI to HDMI 6G converter -> ATEM SDI Extreme ISO Input #8

Which tells me that there seems to be something wrong with the way the 12G converter is getting to the ATEM SDI... The 6G converter seems to have changed the resolution or something, which resolved it going to the ATEM... I wonder if the 12G are just too overkill and I need to switch all of my 12G HDMI to SDI into a 6g...

The 12G is also a "micro" converter and the 6G is a "mini" converter, not sure if that matters but that is the terminology that BlackMagic uses... Still trying to figure this out.

--

Finally, I have made sure all devices are updated with the latest software/driver.

robertsmu

Re: ATEM SDI No Video Coming Through - Black Screen Hi there

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 5:00 pm

I'm assuming in the camera menu that you set the HDMI output of the camera to 1080p (not 2160p/1080p).

If so, take your field monitor, and plug it into the signal path where the stars are located in this diagram, and see where the fault lies.
Blank diagram.jpeg
Blank diagram.jpeg (43.91 KiB) Viewed 796 times

The 12G mini convertor does not scale, it just passes. The only parameter you can change on that device is whether it is SDI Level A or Level B (you can try changing that setting to see if it helps).

Return to Live Production