SDI to HDMI conversion problem from ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PaulBoisvert

SDI to HDMI conversion problem from ATEM

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 2:08 am

Have new ATEM SDI Extreme. Using a Blackmagic SDI to HDMI converter to go to a new monitor a bought. Monitor will not recognize the signal. It just says, "Out of range." I tried another monitor I had. It doesn't work either. The message on that one says there's a resolution or frame rate issue. I hade one other monitor hanging around that works. However, I want to use two monitors. Is there a setting in the ATEM I need to change. Or do I need to get another monitor? If so, what do I need to look for when I buy?

Babs J

Re: SDI to HDMI conversion problem from ATEM

PostSun Jan 29, 2023 6:48 pm

PaulBoisvert wrote:Have new ATEM SDI Extreme. Using a Blackmagic SDI to HDMI converter to go to a new monitor a bought. Monitor will not recognize the signal. It just says, "Out of range." I tried another monitor I had. It doesn't work either. The message on that one says there's a resolution or frame rate issue. I hade one other monitor hanging around that works. However, I want to use two monitors. Is there a setting in the ATEM I need to change. Or do I need to get another monitor? If so, what do I need to look for when I buy?

"Out of range." sounds like your output is set to 4K or UHD and the monitors can handle that. Change the resolution to a lower and go from there.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

ManchesterV

PostSun Jan 29, 2023 9:37 pm

Not all computer monitors handle all video standards.

TVs or broadcast monitors will work.

TitusKing

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 1:05 am

PaulBoisvert wrote:Have new ATEM SDI Extreme. Using a Blackmagic SDI to HDMI converter to go to a new monitor a bought. Monitor will not recognize the signal. It just says, "Out of range." I tried another monitor I had. It doesn't work either. The message on that one says there's a resolution or frame rate issue. I hade one other monitor hanging around that works. However, I want to use two monitors. Is there a setting in the ATEM I need to change. Or do I need to get another monitor? If so, what do I need to look for when I buy?

I'm running into the exact same problem.

I'm replacing an ATEM mini extreme iso with an ATEM SDI extreme iso.

I'm using a BM SDI to HDMI 3G microconverter to the same monitor I was using for multiview.

The monitor says it cant view the 24Hz framerate...I did not have this problem with the HDMI ATEM...

I have not found a solution for this.
DR Studio 18.6.4
Editor Keyboard
(Micro panel soon I hope!)

Ryzen 7 2700X
48GB DDR4-3200
RTX 4070 Eagle OC 12GB GDDR6X

tommy-cash

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 6:38 am

When we had this issue we used UpDown Cross to "fix" framerate, but it is extra hardware, not a good solution for all people.

Return to Live Production