Hyperdeck Studio 12G stuck on "REM"

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Artur Piel

Hyperdeck Studio 12G stuck on "REM"

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Hi All,

Have a Hyperdeck Studio 12G, that's not been used in a while, and now when turns on, the "REM" button is illumitated. It's however not responding to any button inputs at all. It will recognize an SSD with footage if inserted, but can't try playback because, again it doesn't respond to any button inputs.

I could try and connect it to ATEM and see if I can work around this issue, but I also can't find a way to set it's IP over USB, because Hyperdeck Setup utility doesn't give me this option, so I'm very surprised, this is the case.

Is there any way to set the IP over USB, or to reflash the firmware, or any way to reset the device to rule out any software issues, or get around the fact that the buttons are not responding to input? Any suggestions much appreciated. :)

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Hyperdeck Studio 12G stuck on "REM"

PostSat Jan 28, 2023 10:38 am

Have you tried disabling remote mode by holding in the REM-button? No button presses doing anything is exactly how REM works...

Babs J

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 4:47 pm

I experienced the similar problem with mine were the ATEM wasn't detecting it despite on the same network, subnet and static IP. I had to switch the port on the switch while to device was on and somehow kick start itself.
Why don't you download the latest Hyperdeck software and try to update the software on the device.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Artur Piel

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 10:49 am

Asgeir Hustad wrote:Have you tried disabling remote mode by holding in the REM-button? No button presses doing anything is exactly how REM works...

Of course by saying it doesn't respond to button presses, I include the "REM" button in that. To confirm how it should work compared to Hyperdeck Studio Pro, where it takes a quick press to go in and out of "REM" mode without issues

Babs J wrote:..Why don't you download the latest Hyperdeck software and try to update the software on the device...

Unfortunatelly that's also a problem. I don't see a way to update it. Ours seems to be on the latest firmware already (form the manual: Launch Blackmagic HyperDeck Setup and follow any onscreen prompt to update the internal software in your HyperDeck. If no prompt appears, the internal software is up to date and there is nothing further you need to do) And I'm not getting an option to update the software. Hence looking for a way to force a reset/update. Already tried opening up in hopes of removing and putting back in the internal battery to reset the internal clock/settings etc. But the battery seems soldered in.

Any more suggestions much appreciated.

Teamfrisky

PostThu Aug 03, 2023 6:45 pm

I have the same problem. Also surprised that the IP address cannot be set via the USB.

JochenH

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 8:46 am

Hi All,
I have also this issue.
Is there a solution?
Thanks

Return to Live Production