Hyperdeck Connection/Dropping Out/Intermittent

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

nigelmaine

Hyperdeck Connection/Dropping Out/Intermittent

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 9:02 pm

Hi

I have just purchased an Extreme ISO, an HD Mini and HD Plus Hyperdeck (and an Ultimatte HD Mini).

The ATEM software on my Macbook is connected to the ATEM, the two Hyperdecks are connected to the ATEM, I'm using DHCP and each Hyperdect has its IP address, as does the ATEM.

I have also bought two Pro Grade SD cards as per the recommendations. I have set the codecs to ProRes and both are set to 1080p 25fps as per the videos, which play directly on the Hyperdecks and appear on the multi-view monitor. I have also set up S/SRC & MixEffect and all is working OK.

Except... The hyperdecks which have been configured on the ATEM Software, with the correct corresponding IP addresses, under ATEM > Media Players > Hyperdecks, both the Hyperdecks connections keep flashing from Local to Ready.

When they're on 'Local' in Yellow, the Hyperdeck settings page cycles from Green ticked, to Yellow, saying Remote is not active on this Hyperdeck. Yet, both are set to Remote - On, both internally under set up, and the switch at the front.

The video clip names are shown below for the respective Hyperdecks, but I cannot control the Hyperdecks. When I click 'Play' the clip names disappear and I get the message 'No Media Available'

Then, if I'm lucky, I can catch it and can click play and it will work, but then it will return to No Media Available or it will say No Hyperdecks Connected and cycle around again.

All the components are connected to a hub and the uplink goes to the router. The Macbook and ATEM do not fail connected to each other or the internet.

I would really appreciate some help as I have a serious schedule and I also know its the weekend.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Nigel

nigelmaine

Re: Hyperdeck Connection/Dropping Out/Intermittent

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 6:55 pm

I worked it out - I was the PoE Hub - 10/100 mbps. I replaced it with a Netgear gigabit hub and all is up and working.

Return to Live Production