ATEM Mini's HDMI Output to USB-C Input?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

LoYukFai

ATEM Mini's HDMI Output to USB-C Input?

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 3:00 am

My portable monitor has 1 x mini HDMI + 2 x USB-C inputs (one of them is currently used for power), the mini HDMI input seems to be giving up the ghost after some usage.

Is it possible to connect the Mini's HDMI out to the monitor's USB-C in? What kind of cables do I need?

Thanks in advance.

Raphaël Jacquot

Re: ATEM Mini's HDMI Output to USB-C Input?

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that won't work.
as for the mini-hdmi, the classic failure is the plug being pulled off the board when applying too much effort with a cable on it. it should be repairable, provided no PCB traces were damaged in the process
Last edited by Raphaël Jacquot on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoYukFai

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 4:47 pm

Ooops, so what can I do?

Cheers.

Raphaël Jacquot

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 4:48 pm

as for the mini-hdmi, the classic failure is the plug being pulled off the board when applying too much effort with a cable on it. it should be repairable, provided no PCB traces were damaged in the process

LoYukFai

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 4:09 pm

Raphaël Jacquot wrote:as for the mini-hdmi, the classic failure is the plug being pulled off the board when applying too much effort with a cable on it. it should be repairable, provided no PCB traces were damaged in the process

Thanks a lot. However I don't have time for that. I wondered those type-C ports take HDMI or DisplayPort signals...

Cheers.

Mike Ambrose

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 5:51 pm

USB C video is DP-alt mode and can be fed with converters but people have mixed results.

You could buy an active HDMI to DP adapter and then a bi-directional DP cable. There is a company who made an HDMI to USB C DP alt mode cable but they're hard to find.

Here's a really good summary along with links to products: https://dancharblog.wordpress.com/2020/ ... dp-cables/

If you just want a link this is probably what you're looking for: https://amzn.to/3VOCjvs

LoYukFai

PostFri Feb 10, 2023 1:24 pm

Thanks!

BTW, someone on Reddit pointed me to this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gofanco-Conver ... B08Y5PBWLQ

Anyhow, the monitor is changed, so I don't need to find an adapter anymore. :mrgreen:

Cheers.

Return to Live Production