ATEM Glitch causing Audio Sync Issues - Help!

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Edstudios

ATEM Glitch causing Audio Sync Issues - Help!

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 9:59 am

We had a weird issue on Sunday where there was a "glitch" in our video feed that left a huge de-sync in our audio and video on our live stream and I can't figure out what happened.

Our setup is as follows:
4 PTZ cameras connected to ATEM Mini Extreme via SDI converted to HDMI at the ATEM.
Slide, lower thirds and lyrics connected to ATEM via HDMI from Projection PC
ATEM connected to streaming PC via USB-C port and viewed in OBS as input source.
OBS streams to YouTube at 5500kbs
ATEM records directly to SSD through 2nd USB-C port set to Hyperdeck High for best-quality recording
Audio comes pre-mixed from our digital console to Mic 1 on the ATEM.

On Sunday, for the first time ever, there was a visible "glitch" in the video feed which could be seen both on the YT live stream and YT recording as well as on the direct SSD recording.

For the stream and YT recording, this caused the audio to be behind the video by at least 1-2 seconds.
On the SSD recording, the audio at this point remained in sync, however after further mini glitches the audio begins to de-sync on the recording as well.

Given that the glitch appears on the SSD recording, I'm inclined to rule out that it's an OBS sync issue (happy to be corrected). I'm assuming that the program out is recorded directly from the ATEM to the SSD while also being sent to OBS for the stream.

Here's a link to a video that shows the glitch and de-sync for YT and the glitch but no de-sync at the same point on the SSD recording:

Why would the ATEM be glitching like this? And why now? Your advice would be greatly appreciated
M1 Pro Max 10 Core CPU, 24 Core GPU, 32GB Ram, 512GB SSD
Resolve Studio

Return to Live Production