Church Livestream

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ssshive1

Church Livestream

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 8:23 pm

Very new to the livestream area. We have Subsplash as a provider for app and email, they provide livestream capability, which we have up and going, we would like to add YouTube to that, how do I set up my ATEM Mini Extreme to do both?

avhjunior

Re: Church Livestream

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 4:21 pm

I'm just responding because no one else who knows more has :) . We stream from the ATEM to castr. They then send it to facebook live and youtube automagically. We've been using Slingstudio and are now transitioning to the ATEM. The ATEM streams great on 'high' when set to 1080p30. Typically we see 5.8 to 6.4 mbits/sec. We would set 6 mbits/sec on Sling.

I'm not sure why subsplash can't not only handle your stream they way they do (your website, app, etc.) *and* also send it to youtube? I believe you can only send a stream to one destination. The destination can then distribute it to multiple places.

We are also looking into resi as our destination. They use their own protocol that buffers a lot more and prevents glitches, pauses and lagging. You can buy their streaming box or use a driver in ProPresenter.

Return to Live Production