MacMini and ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Raiden38

MacMini and ATEM

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi.

I use a MacMini (latest model) that I want to feed in a Atem ME 1 Production 4K The issue I have is that: all my camera are in 1080i59.94 so my atem is setup that way. I see all my cameras but I don't see the image of the MacMini because he is sending 1080p60. I didn't find a way to put it in the 1080i59.94 resolution on the MacMini. I even tried installing the software to use uncommon resolutions but it was not in there. I also tried using a Decimator and use the scaler. This works but it makes the image blury. Even tried swapping Decimator and updating the firmware, still blury.

I guess that sending a MacMini image in the ATEM should be quite easy to do but I still have no clue why I can't!! Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steven Sicard

Frank Engel

Re: MacMini and ATEM

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Interlaced output is no longer supported on any Macs running macOS 11 or newer, which impacts all Apple Silicon Macs.

Your only real options are to use a converter such as the Decimator, to change the switcher and cameras to a mutually supported progressive mode, or if your software supports it, send the output through a proper video interface such as the BMD UltraStudio devices.

Raiden38

Re: MacMini and ATEM

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 5:06 pm

Frank Engel wrote:Your only real options are to use a converter such as the Decimator, to change the switcher and cameras to a mutually supported progressive mode, or if your software supports it, send the output through a proper video interface such as the BMD UltraStudio devices.

Yeah, tried using decimator to downscale to 1080i but it makes the image all blury. Will have to try the cameras to see if I can put them all in 1080p. I dought since they are older cameras.. Thanks for the reply!

Do you know if I can downscale the 1080p60 image to my 1080i59.94 system using an UltraStudio HD Mini?

Return to Live Production