ATEM Mini Pro ISO software control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kjhartma

ATEM Mini Pro ISO software control

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 8:23 pm

Hi All,

New user here as the Dean at my school wants to build a green screen studio for some new online classes coming in the fall.

We are still in the process of purchasing gear and building the room. For the video switcher, based on recommendations of some other departments, we're going with an ATEM Mini Pro ISO switcher.

We've got the switcher in house, but still in the box as the studio space is still being refurbished. I'm a little confused on how software control works and thinking I might have to go up to the Mini Extreme ISO.

On the Mini Pro ISO, I have output for USB, which I'm going to attach an SSD drive to for recording. If I'm recording to a SSD drive, can I use the network port to connect to a computer or switch, and then use the software for control and config of the switcher that way? Or do I need to get something like an HDMI to USB converter and use that, or some sort of USB hub?

I need to be able to record to the SSD drive and potentially operate switch video sources for the main program out feed at the same time. Can this be done?

Thank You for your guidance.

BennoZ

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO software control

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 11:35 pm

If you connect your Atem to the same network as your computer (computer can also be operated by wiFi) you can use Atem Software Control to control all settings on your Atem.

Return to Live Production