Where to set date/time on Hyperdeck Mini?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

George Woods

Where to set date/time on Hyperdeck Mini?

PostThu Feb 23, 2023 5:24 am

I've been looking for a long time! (This is for the Hyperdeck Studio Mini HD purchased in 2021)

The manuals give instructions for adjusting the date and time on the Hyperdecks using the front control panel, but they are referring to other models of Hyperdecks like the Plus/Pro/4k Pro which seems to have more options on the front panel. Our Hyperdecks do not have a setting on the front panel for date/time.

I have downloaded the Blackmagic HyperDeck Setup app, and connected a hyper deck via USB to my Mac. The app sees the Hyperdeck, but only gives me two options to change: Recording format and recording trigger.

I can't seem to find any other way to change these settings. Is there another app somewhere?

Rick Pitchford

Re: Where to set date/time on Hyperdeck Mini?

PostTue Oct 17, 2023 7:55 pm

Ping!

Having the wrong day and date on files is really a pain. George and I can't be the only people trying to find this.
Does this setting exist?
Can it be added to to the firmware?

RRRoger

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 1:54 am

Even if you get the time right, you have to keep the unit running or you will have to reset it each time.

Lem Maurer

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 1:23 pm

Agreed - This is a ongoing problem, and can't believe BM has not resolved the issue.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 6:14 pm

To set the date and time for file stamping, connect USB to the computer and run the Hyperdeck Setup Utility. Simply running the Utility will set the timestamp. If you are going to leave these units off more than they are on, then it's best to run the Setup Utility after power up. I hope this helps.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Lem Maurer

PostMon Mar 11, 2024 6:27 pm

Thank you, Gary. That must be our problem. We used the setup utility initially, but have not opened it for awhile. We only use the device on Sunday mornings, so unfortunately the date and time drift further apart each week. We will make it part of our procedures to periodically open the Hyperdeck setup utility.

Return to Live Production