The Fix For My Yellow Light on My Record Button

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TDWright

The Fix For My Yellow Light on My Record Button

PostSat Mar 11, 2023 2:24 pm

Last night I did a 2hr live stream, and noticed as I was already into the stream, that my record button was yellow. Nothing I did would fix it.

But first here is my set up.

A self build mobile case.
The ATEM Mini Extreme ISO
Panasonic UX-180... HDMI out
two Lumix S5's HDMI out
my Android tablet using USB-C to HDMI converter

RodeCaster Pro2

Razor freekn fast laptop

The hard drive that I have connected is a Sandisk Extreme SSD 2T.

The ATEM reconized the connection but my light was yellow and would not record.

So I re-seated the USB cable from the ATEM to the pass-through on the mobile case.... no fix.
I took the drive off and reinserted the USB cable... no fix
I reformated the drive making sure it was in the exfat format even though it was already.... no fix....

The someone here mentioned a shorter cable. So, I disconnected the USB cable from the ATEM to the pass-through and connected the SSD drive directly to the ATEM inside of my mobile case, with a 3 inch USB cable. FIXED

Eliminating the USB run through the mobile case fixed the issue.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Yarnell_Riley

Re: The Fix For My Yellow Light on My Record Button

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 9:48 pm

I recently encountered a similar issue while using a secondary hard drive for media storage. Normally, I rely on a Samsung T5 1TB SSD for recording our podcast sessions. However, earlier today, I had to use a 1TB WD Elements HDD as my regular SSD was lent to a customer.

Before using the borrowed HDD, I made sure to format it as NTFS. However, when I connected it to the ATEM MINI PRO, the drive was not recognized and the yellow LED indicator appeared. Luckily, I found a solution by reformatting the HDD to ExFAT. After doing so, it worked flawlessly without any complications.

For those who come across this issue, I recommend trying the solution provided by the original poster (OP) or simply reformatting your storage device to the appropriate format.

j2inet

Re: The Fix For My Yellow Light on My Record Button

PostFri Nov 03, 2023 11:22 pm

I figured I would throw my experience in case this helps someone. I encountered the Yellow light too. I had a Windows PC source connected to my ATEM Mini Pro ISO.

In my case, it turns out there was a video application running in the background that was had a copy-right video still loaded from previous use. I speculate it was enforcing HDCP (Copy Protection). I killed that application and had to power off the ATEM mini, after which I got the green light again.
Joel Johnson

Return to Live Production