Atem Mini Extreme

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

VTRGRX

Atem Mini Extreme

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 11:36 am

Hello all.

Work have asked me if I can work out how to get After effects animated lower thirds to play when and if they do some live podcasts. I have animated and exported in mov and mp4 but cannot get them to import in the atem system. How do i get them in and set them up so i can press button have them play animated name plates.

Any help appreciated.

NicWassell

Re: Atem Mini Extreme

PostFri Mar 17, 2023 4:11 pm

Unfortunately (and a little disappointingly in my opinion) ATEMs can't do internal playback of video clips apart from short stinger type clips on the higher end models and I think I'm right in saying you only get two in the media pool even then. With the ATEM Mini Extreme you would need a Hyperdeck or other media player to supply the animated lower third, and then work out how you are going to make it transparent. You could do a key/fill thing if you have the right connections and spare inputs. I've done it in the past by having the lower third on a green background and keying out the green in the Upstream Key. The I used companion to program playback in a macro.

Jim Simon

Re: Atem Mini Extreme

PostSun Mar 19, 2023 4:25 pm

Export the animations to a video file over a 'green screen'.

Use your preferred playback method to get them into the ATEM. (We use Playback Pro from our Mac laptop, or often the Clean Feed feature in Resolve from our Windows laptops.)

Set it up as a Chroma Key.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to Live Production