HD8 Macro Groups Missing

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

throwfirewoodatblackmagic

HD8 Macro Groups Missing

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 3:41 pm

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (242.56 KiB) Viewed 482 times

Hi chaps, manual says I can change Macro Groups... there isn't support in the menu as the text suggests?
Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD8 ISO | ATEM Pocket Cinemas | FujiFilm XT2s | FCPX | LPX | MIDAS M32R Live | Apple Silicon

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: HD8 Macro Groups Missing

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 4:14 pm

Hello Paul. Sorry for any confusion. The HD8 panel works like all of the Advanced panels. The Macro Select control lets you select individual macros for recording or playback. The Button row on all panels actually lets you select three levels of macros. For example on the HD8 with 10 buttons, with Macro enabled, you have macros 1-10 available. With one shift, you will have macros 11-20 available. With two shifts, you will have macros 21-30 available. The range of these cannot be changed other than this. Note if you happen to double tap a Shift button, it will stay engaged until tapped again. I hope this helps.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

throwfirewoodatblackmagic

Re: HD8 Macro Groups Missing

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 7:17 pm

Thanks Gary, I just sussed this out. Also, and perhaps this is common sense, the shift buttons only work if you in fact have macros recorded beyond slot ten.

Thanks!
Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD8 ISO | ATEM Pocket Cinemas | FujiFilm XT2s | FCPX | LPX | MIDAS M32R Live | Apple Silicon

Return to Live Production