Audio in ISO files atem extreme

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

varanmac

Audio in ISO files atem extreme

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 7:20 am

I recorded a live using Atem mini extreme,

5 cameras with 5 NTG1 48v Mic audio recorded in each camera.
MIC 1 (atem input mic 1) Feed music from a mixer
MIC 2 (atem input mic 2) Wireless microphone.
So in total i have 7 recorded audio.

When i open the project in davinci resolve 18 i only see 1 audio stereo track in fairlight.

How can i have all 7 audio tracks open in FAIRLIGHT to do my final mix?

Thank you for your help

i have the latest ATEM Switchers 9.0 software.

markamcfarlane

Re: Audio in ISO files atem extreme

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 5:00 pm

In the manual section on "Recording ISO Files" it says

"The ISO video files are recorded from each input and placed into a sub folder called Video ISO Files. Each video file is recorded from each input and is an exact recording of the video connected to that specific HDMI input. The ISO files also have synced timecode and camera number metadata, so you can use any edit software’s multi-cam feature. To make editing simpler, all ISO files have program audio, the same as the master video file."

So it appears you are out of luck.

The 'to make editing easier' part sounds like a lame excuse to me. One could save the master (PGM) audio and also separate tracks from each camera, either as separate audio files or embedded in the video files.

This does not need to have any impact on editing, one could just use the PGM audio file and mute audio on all cameras to get the current behavior. Others that need the separate audio feeds would have them.

bryceman

Re: Audio in ISO files atem extreme

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:42 am

Your ATEM recording project folder should have a sub -folder called: Audio Source Files
Open that and you will find all the audio from your cameras and sources. They will be the same length as all the other files, so just drag them into your timeline. A pain they're not linked straight up to the actual video from the same camera, but at least you can use the camera audio if needed.

Return to Live Production