Atem Mini pro iso input 2, 3 & 4 flickering

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Zuidpoort

Atem Mini pro iso input 2, 3 & 4 flickering

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 10:15 am

BM, first thank you for developing great video equipment! I want to drop this problem and info about a major issue with our Atem Mini pro iso in a stationary church streaming setup, which contains: Atem Mini pro iso, 2x PTZoptics PT30X-SDI, 2x Micro Converter SDI to HDMI 3G, 2x 30meter Draka ULTRA HD PRO 100 UHD coax cable with Neutrik NBNC75BXU13X 12G SDI connectors and 2x short good hdmi cable. All firmwares up to date.
From beginning 2020 till autumn 2021 everything worked flawlessly. Then I updated the Atem Mini firmware and BOOM: hdmi-inputs 2, 3 & 4 started flickering. For weeks I checked, tested and switched all parts to pinpoint the problem to the Atem Mini, thinking of a hardware defect. So I borrowed another Atem Mini pro, latest firmware, and…BOOM: the problem was still there. My last clue: the Atem Mini firmware, because that was the only thing I changed in the setup. I downgraded to 8.5.1 and problem FIXED. Omg…..what’s going on in the firmware development? Many people are complaining about this problem and issuing about cables, cable length, converters, boosters, colorspace etc. But clearly that's not the case.
We want to upgrade to an Atem Mini Extreme iso, but with these kind of flickering issues an upgrade is not an option. Anyone thoughts about this?

Return to Live Production