Atem Constellation 2 m/e

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

banthony997

Atem Constellation 2 m/e

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 6:14 pm

Hi everybody , so full disclosure I work for BH - I use this forum a lot to help customers trouble shoot their Black Magic products, so firstly thank you all for being an incredible resource; I largely come from narrative production so live streaming is a tad out of my wheelhouse. I'm having a weird issue with a Blackmagic Design ATEM 2 M/E Constellation HD Live Production Switcher: the customer is saying that although the device is reading audio levels, it is not outputting any via SDI. He tried swapping every other variable and found that is certainly the ATEM. I couldn't seem to find anything about anyone having any similar issues, so I thought I might reach out and see if anyone had any ideas? Thanks

rogersuski

Re: Atem Constellation 2 m/e

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 9:24 pm

To confirm, the customer is looking at the Master column in the Audio tab of the ATEM Control software and seeing level, or conversely seeing the ME1PGM with the audio meters enabled on the multiview and seeing audio levels there.

If this is the case, it would also be helpful to know what framerate and resolution the customer is using. For example, the 1080p50/60 and their fractional counterparts can exist in two flavors, Level A and Level B. If these are being used, the streaming device may not be capable of accessing 3G SDI Level B audio. Conversely, the BMD Audio Monitor cannot access 3G SDI Level A audio.

The output type is in the General Tab of the Settings menu of the ATEM Control Software.

Return to Live Production