Timecode in ATEM Television Studio HD8 ISO

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sonykrol

Timecode in ATEM Television Studio HD8 ISO

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 10:36 am

How can i send an external timecode into ATEM Television Studio HD8 ISO?
When I connect for example syncOne to timecode in nothing happened. Also in settings there is no option for external timecode.

Xtreemtec

Re: Timecode in ATEM Television Studio HD8 ISO

PostTue Apr 04, 2023 3:46 pm

You can not... Welcome to BMD ;)

You can only set timecode from the BMD software which will not accurate set the time in frame accuracy.
BMD its philosophy is that the Atem is always the Master and embeds TC into the SDI output.

To get the embedded TC from that sdi you need a Teranex mini SDI > HDMI converter.. The Left XLR out can be set to TC out.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Howard Roll

PostTue Apr 04, 2023 4:04 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:You can not... Welcome to BMD ;)

You can only set timecode from the BMD software which will not accurate set the time in frame accuracy.
BMD its philosophy is that the Atem is always the Master and embeds TC into the SDI output.

To get the embedded TC from that sdi you need a Teranex mini SDI > HDMI converter.. The Left XLR out can be set to TC out.

I thought the same but the HD8 has both LTC in and out. No clue why it doesn’t work.

Good Luck

sonykrol

PostWed Apr 05, 2023 6:40 am

Still waiting for BMD answer...

poucedeleon

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:You can not... Welcome to BMD ;)

Does the "Timecode Out" jack work on the HD8 I could live with the ATEM being the master if I can get its timecode signal out without using a Teranex SDI-HDMI Converter.
Kevin Young

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 2:33 pm

The timecode output on the HD8 reflects the timecode of the ATEM in whatever mode it is in. It will match the embedded timecode in the SDI outputs. The HD8 will lock to the timecode input when the timecode mode is set to manual and (most importantly) the timecode frame rate matches the video standard of the HD8. When locked to input you will see a time icon both on the panel display as well as the software in the Timecode tab. I hope this helps.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production