Hyperdeck Stops Recording via USB

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bill00

Hyperdeck Stops Recording via USB

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:49 pm

We have a new HyperDeck Studio HD Mini (firmware 8.1.1) using a Samsung T7 Shield SSD to record 720p 59.94 video (H.264).

Whenever it gets close to 20 minutes into a recording, the HyperDeck stops. I've formatted the drive both on my computer and within the Hyperdeck (exFAT), but keep getting the same problem.

Any ideas about what might be causing the issue or possible solutions?

Thanks,

Johannes Jonsson

Re: Hyperdeck Stops Recording via USB

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 1:27 pm

Here is a link to officially supported drives, T7 Shield is not on that list, I am not sure why but it is better in my opinion to fallow that list to prevent problems.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/faq/59036
Johannes

PLC-Indy

PostWed Jul 12, 2023 2:57 pm

I have the same issue using a Samsung T7 SSD drive with HyperDeck Studio HD Mini. Stopped recording at ~20min (~9GB of data) for the past 4 weeks after we purchased and setup the SSD. The BM list of supported SSD drives and SD cards are ridiculous (i.e. no main stream suppliers listed). Back to using the SD card, which will force me to perform more housekeeping (i.e. 128G SD versus 2TB SSD).

VWGKevin

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 10:17 pm

Alot of the SSD drives like the T7 will either start to drop frames or stop recording all together at some point in the recording process. The only ones I have found work all the time are the NVME M.2 Samsung 980 Pro SSD in the SABRENT USB 3.2 10Gbps Type C Tool Free Enclosure for M.2 PCIe NVMe and SATA SSDs (EC-SNVE). Also check out this video Doug does a great job on the topic .
. Hope this info helps

Return to Live Production