ATEM HD8 ISO Panel locking up issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MarnitzRoux

ATEM HD8 ISO Panel locking up issues

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 1:01 pm

I've had the HD8 ISO for about a month now and loving the upgrade from the TVS Pro HD, however, I have started having issues with the panel.

Common issues I've had was the input select, DSK and recording buttons stopped changing colours, the LCD stopped updating current preview/program sources, even though the switcher responded to my selections, seemingly random macro buttons also stopped triggering and source select for both AUX outputs stopped responding to input.

This was awfully inconvenient when it happened in the middle of a production. A power cycle seemed to stop this behaviour but this has happened twice in a row. I didn't check at the time if software control still had access to the frozen functions so I'm not sure if it's just the panel or the whole switcher having issues. The switcher has been on version 9 since I got it and this has only started very recently, but happens every time I use it now. I'm not sure what else to do about it at this point, other than to survive until new firmware comes out.

James Hope

Re: ATEM HD8 ISO Panel locking up issues

PostTue May 30, 2023 11:46 pm

I've been using Marnitz' ATEM HD8 ISO, and can verify that it has big problems. Since his post we've noticed that:
  • it happens after a few hours of running
  • software control can't connect when it's in this state
  • the multiviewer windows still update, even the recording status and audio meter window, but the tally indicators don't move
  • the panel button program/preview selections don't update, so without looking at the program and preview monitors, we don't know what source is online
  • aux 1 PV/MV switch will go to preview from multiview, but not back (it just goes blank).
  • LCD displays don't update.
  • macros cease to work.
  • menus don't work.
  • most of the other buttons respond, though none of the button colours update

I thought that maybe we were maxing out the number of connections to it (we have about 5 or 6 devices connected to it at one time) and that would possibly be kicking the panel connection out, however, when decreasing the number of connected devices it still happens.

It's very disconcerting when switching to suddenly have this issue crop up. Thankfully the output still works and the ISO recordings continue, but it's almost like driving a car with a failed instrument cluster.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?
Windows 11 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, NVidia RTX 2070 8GB.

Return to Live Production