6 unique outputs with shared cut/sync on any model of ATEM?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

natums

6 unique outputs with shared cut/sync on any model of ATEM?

PostWed May 31, 2023 11:14 pm

Hey all,

Trying to build a unique video routing for physical convention activation.

We have 6 (maybe 8 now) different screens in a tradeshow setting that are all playing unique looping media that can be out of sync with one another.

But on intervals through the event we need a takeover of all the screens to play in frame-sync (media moving between screens seamlessly is the end-user effect). It's a 30 second-ish cue that would then end and return to their regular programming.

I thought my ATEM Constellation 1M/E with a bunch of hyperdecks would be able to do this since it has 6 outputs that can be individually routed... however it appears they all can't be changed with a macro command to make them operate in-sync... Also, it appears you can only connect 4 hyperdecks to an ATEM system...

I'd like to stick with BMD or other broadcast type equipment even though this isn't a traditional broadcast type usage, since most my work is more broadcast centric and I would be able to re-use the gear for other projects more effectively...

however I'm finding a gap in my knowledge and clear documentation online. It appears the ATEM Production Studio line can have macros to switch the AUX outputs, so if I got a model with enough AUX outputs, this would work... but I still have the hyperdeck quantity limitation...

Am I asking too much or am I just missing something?

Return to Live Production