Master Control Pro Dropping Connection

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Dybo66

Master Control Pro Dropping Connection

PostSun Aug 27, 2023 6:48 am

I've recently installed a Videohub 40x40 and two Master Control Pro panels. These are all networked via a dumb switch with static IPs. Upon initial power up, both panels connect to the videohub and appear as they should. Within 5-10 minutes, both panels have gone to a flashing red light and a message indicating no connection with the videohub. At this point, I cannot establish communication with a network or USB connection with the panels without pulling power. When I pull power and start back up, they immediately find the videohub, only to lose connection again within another 5-10 minutes. I've verified there are no ip conflicts on the network. My PC with the videohub software maintains connection with the videohub throughout the entire process, so at this point, it doesn't appear to be on the videohub side. I've had issues with older BMD panels requiring the occasional power cycle to establish a network connection, but nothing like this. Any suggestions?

KRichardson

Re: Master Control Pro Dropping Connection

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 pm

I am having a similar issue but they stay connected for a random amount of time, usually days or more and randomly disconnect. We have both Master Control and Master Control PRO panels, both of which do this. Power cycling them is the only "fix" so far, not even disconnecting them from the switch and reconnecting them helps. Have you have any luck yet?
Kell Richardson
IT/Broadcast Engineer
Arkansas PBS
krichardson@aetn.org
501-682-4113

Return to Live Production