How to edit ATEM MultiView?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

RRRoger

How to edit ATEM MultiView?

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 4:10 am

I want to change the size, location, and number of boxes.

Pranav1

Re: How to edit ATEM MultiView?

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am

Editing ATEM MultiView settings typically involves adjusting the display configuration to suit your specific needs. The process may vary slightly depending on the ATEM model you are using, but here are general steps:

Access the ATEM Software Control:
Connect your ATEM switcher to your computer and open the ATEM Software Control application.

Select MultiView:
Locate and select the "MultiView" tab or section within the ATEM Software Control interface.

Configure Layout:
Depending on your ATEM model, you may have different layout options for MultiView. Common layouts include 4, 7, 10, or 16 views on a single screen.
Use the software controls to choose the layout that best suits your monitoring preferences.

Assign Sources:
Assign video sources to each MultiView window. This is typically done by dragging and dropping sources into the desired positions on the MultiView display.
You can configure each window to display a different video source, making it a versatile tool for monitoring multiple inputs simultaneously.

Adjust Settings:
Explore additional settings, such as aspect ratio, borders, labels, and audio meters. These settings can be adjusted to customize the appearance of the MultiView display.

Save Presets:
Some ATEM models allow you to save MultiView presets. If this feature is available, consider saving different presets for various production scenarios or preferences.

Apply Changes:
Once you've configured the MultiView settings to your liking, apply the changes. This may involve clicking a "Save" or "Apply" button within the software.

Monitor Output:
Connect a monitor to the MultiView output on your ATEM switcher to view the configured MultiView display.

Refer to the User Manual:
For specific details related to your ATEM model, always refer to the user manual provided by Blackmagic Design. The manual will offer in-depth information on features, settings, and procedures.

Remember that the steps might vary based on the specific ATEM model you are using, so it's essential to consult the user manual for accurate and model-specific instructions.
ChatGPT can make mist

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 3:53 pm

Not all switchers can change the layout of the multiview. The newer ones can change but only in a limited way. You have 4 boxes and you can change any of the boxes from one picture to four. The older layout have two big boxes and 8 small, with the new version you can have it as you like, 4, 7, 10, 13 or 16 boxes. You set this up in the software, the gear icon in the left bottom corner.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

RRRoger

PostFri Dec 22, 2023 4:20 pm

Hakan Taube Lyxzen wrote:Not all switchers can change the layout of the multiview. The newer ones can change but only in a limited way. You have 4 boxes and you can change any of the boxes from one picture to four. The older layout have two big boxes and 8 small, with the new version you can have it as you like, 4, 7, 10, 13 or 16 boxes. You set this up in the software, the gear icon in the left bottom corner.

I have a brand new ATEM mini Pro and recent Extreme. The problem is with the Pro.
Can this be changeable with the new 9.3.1 firmware?
Right now I only have the option of reversing the location of the Preview and Program in my brand new ATEM mini Pro.
Last edited by RRRoger on Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merick1207

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 3:12 pm

I am having the same issue with the one I installed. It was working fine and then one day it went to the 2 on top and 8 on bottom. I can not figure out how to get mine to switch either.

RRRoger

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 9:10 pm

Does the ATEM 9.3.3 update include MultiView?

RRRoger

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 2:06 pm

Is MultiView completely customizable?
I want half or 2/3 the screen for one image + several smaller ones in other boxes.

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 8:37 pm

no .. U can have 2x2 and divide every box to another 2x2 .. so maximaly 4x4 ..
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

Return to Live Production