MS4K Postman and Companion

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Howard Roll

MS4K Postman and Companion

PostFri Jan 12, 2024 10:41 am

So I've been monkeying around with Postman and Companion. The basic functionality is straightforward but I'm having some issues with some of the finer elements of control.

Right now I can use PUT to configure any setting directly to the value chosen. For several parameters this is fine, anything that only has a handful of variables like frame rate, LUT, ISO, compression.

The issue arises when trying to control more granular functionality, WB, aperture, focus, color correction, etc., I can set the WB to 5600 but I can't figure out a way to increment it to say 5700 without directly entering 5700. The Red RCPV2 API has some useful functions which allow increment/decrement and set relative functions. It seems like the SDI/Bluetooth protocol Operation Type 1: offset/toggle value achieves the same function. Is there anything similar in the rest API?

I'm experimenting with variables in companion combining GET/PUT commands but I can't GET clean data. GET url/video/gain returns the JSON { "gain": 6 }. If I could return 6 clean then I could create an expression that queried the current value and added whatever increment seems appropriate. Any smart guys have some advice?

Edit: Using Postman I can extract just the value and avoid the extraneous syntax using Java but I can't figure it out using the Companion Generic HTTP Module.

Good Luck

Howard Roll

Re: MS4K Postman and Companion

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 9:17 pm

Cracked the nut a couple days ago, once I figured out expressions it was smooth sailing.

Good Luck

companion.png
companion.png (245.36 KiB) Viewed 1299 times

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 9:27 pm

That’s very cool Howard.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

TBTech

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 1:32 pm

Hi Howard,

Would you mind sharing how have you done and what expressions did you use ?
I would be super happy to try this !

Have a good day !

Return to Live Production