DeckLink SDI Micro on Raspberry Pi 5

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Macrobiotic

DeckLink SDI Micro on Raspberry Pi 5

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 3:32 am

Hello, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes:

Does anyone know if the DeckLink SDI Micro (M.2 form factor SDI interface) can be used with the new Raspberry Pi 5. From what I've read, it should be possible. The main obstacle seems to be that the drivers are written for Intel/AMD X86 based processors and not ARM.

I'm thinking of this mainly as a way of having a low latency way to integrate UVC or NDI based cameras into a mostly SDI based workflow without needing to spend too much.

Any thoughts on this?

Julusian

Re: DeckLink SDI Micro on Raspberry Pi 5

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 8:06 pm

I have been wanting to try this, but have been struggling to find anywhere selling this model of decklink.

Blackmagic do provide arm64 Decklink drivers, so if you are using an arm64 image on the pi then it should install fine and whether it works will depend on what decklink models are supported on arm64 (I know the list of supported models is shorter for arm64 mac, I haven't seen a similar list for linux)

Macrobiotic

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 2:21 am

I was a little surprised that DeckLink SDI Micro doesn't seem to be listed in the product list on the Blackmagic Design website. Has it been disconnected?

Julusian

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 9:43 pm

Macrobiotic

PostWed Jan 24, 2024 4:35 am

Ah, so it's just not upfront. I guess that makes sense since it could be considered a niche product.

I'll need to figure out who carries these.

pixout

PostWed Jan 24, 2024 2:40 pm

we also support ARM64 Linux on the Nvidia AGX Xavier and Clara AGX.

This is part of email from BMD support team. Also, I have asked the question about does DeckLink Micro supports Raspberry PI CM4 (because its IO board has mPCIe slot) but didn't get an answer.

nitishjha

PostThu Feb 08, 2024 8:52 pm

i have tried to run the Decklink SDI micro on Raspberry Pi 5 using a pcie to m.2 adapter (https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/nvme ... 9587178579)

i am running the latest version of rspberrypi bookworm os. i was able to install the blackmagic drivers and the desktopvideo app correctly launches and is able to detect the card and the card correctly displays the video format detected.

trying to display the video in obs and my own application shows some artifacts on top half of the image. see attached images.

anyone know where the logs would be for the app to see what's causing the issue
blackmagic_artificat.JPG
blackmagic_artificat.JPG (220.19 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

pixout

PostThu Feb 15, 2024 2:32 pm

I have another M.2 to PCIe x4 https://www.delock.com/produkt/64131/merkmale.html and would like to test DeckLink SDI Recorder on Raspberry PI CM4

Return to Live Production