HD8 ISO - trying to access internal storage

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ImRainer

HD8 ISO - trying to access internal storage

PostThu Feb 22, 2024 1:26 pm

Hey there,
I'm working a live event and have an HD8 ISO that we're using to record iso's of our cameras and content.
We were using an external SSD, but at some point "switch" was hit and things were recorded internally from what it seems.

When I try to access the network file, it asks for a username and password. According to the owner, they hadn't set one for the switcher.

Is there a default password or way to reset the password that won't wipe the saved recordings to the internal storage?

Thanks for any help.

Weston Woodbury

Re: HD8 ISO - trying to access internal storage

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 5:36 am

I can get in and access the storage over network by doing "guest" from Mac OS, but seems like from Windows that trying to access as "guest" or "Guest" is not working.

Some insight would be great!

EDIT: with some messing around I think it's username "Guest" and password "guest". With Mac OS it uses these automatically when choosing log in as guest, but from windows you'll have to manually type them. case sensitive.

Def be nice if this was something definable in the HD8 settings or Atem usb configuration, lol. Crazy to allow (not only allow, but literally it be the only choice) basically free open access to anyone on whatever network/internet access the switcher ends up on in the field. Lol. Be careful/use a private router in your setup!

Cheers @ :ugeek:

ImRainer

Re: HD8 ISO - trying to access internal storage

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Weston Woodbury wrote: I think it's username "Guest" and password "guest".:

I just wanted to come back and say this worked! Was on PC, so it I typed in exactly the same as quoted.

Thanks, @Weston Woodbury! :D

Return to Live Production