Web Presenter + Streaming Bridge via internet

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

r40tour

Web Presenter + Streaming Bridge via internet

PostMon Feb 26, 2024 9:34 pm

Has anyone here been able to get this to work? I have a fixed IP for my Streaming Bridge with port forwarding 1935 and it is Visible Worldwide. Firewall for Port 1935 is set to receive "all" types of traffic. Created XML file, loaded it in my Web Presenter, took it to remote location with excellent internet via Ethernet, and the On Air flashes on and off while the Streaming Bridge is not receiving anything. Re-tried this at another location with fiber internet. Same result.

Broadcasting on Local Network without key works perfectly. On Air solid red. Just can't get it to work over the internet. Have tried RTMP and SRT on High, Medium and Low Quality settings. All software and firmware up to date.

I have sent both devices to Blackmagic for testing and have been told that they are both working properly.

Is anyone else trying to do this besides me? What am I doing wrong?

r40tour

Re: Web Presenter + Streaming Bridge via internet

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 7:44 pm

UPDATE - this does, in fact, work with RTMP but not with SRT. When I change the Server to SRT in the Web Presenter settings the Passphrase window becomes active - but there is no way to set a passphrase when you generate an XML file from the Streaming Bridge. When I try to stream from Web Presenter using SRT the ON AIR blinks on and off and the Streaming Bridge does not receive a stream.

Has ANYONE out there been able to make this work using SRT? Web Presenter to Streaming Bridge over the internet using SRT? Does it require a passphrase? If so, how do I add that to the Streaming Bridge?

r40tour

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 4:04 pm

SOLVED! In addition to allowing TCP traffic to Port 1935, you also have to allow UDP traffic (which is required by SRT).

Thanks to my IT expert Andrew who realized, after talking him through it, that we needed to allow UDP.

We have port forwarding rules set for both TCP and UDP protocols on port 1935 and are now able to stream both RTMP and SRT - OVER THE INTERNET.

I am thinking of making another post with a full HOW TO of how to make this work, since Blackmagic has not yet explained it properly. Anyone interested?

Ben Doyle

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 10:57 pm

Is it possible to stream from any RTMP or SRT source? I want to be able to stream using Larix broadcaster on iPhone to the streaming bridge over the internet, and I've tried about a million things and none of them work. I thought BMD opened up SRT options for 3rd party devices?

Videobegin

PostFri Apr 12, 2024 2:48 am

r40tour wrote:I am thinking of making another post with a full HOW TO of how to make this work, since Blackmagic has not yet explained it properly. Anyone interested?
Feedback from field experience is always useful.

Return to Live Production