ATEM HD8 Feature Request

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Shaica

ATEM HD8 Feature Request

PostTue Mar 12, 2024 9:17 am

As a long-time BMD ATEM user, I'm very pleased with my brand new HD8ISO. There are so many new features and possibilities that are truly impressive.
However, some features are lacking essential capabilities, which bring to mind a non-user engineer building the system without enough hands-on experience on the ground.

To name a few:

1. The counter lacks graphic possibilities such as changing fonts, colors, adding a shadow, or using it as a bland key. Adding and subtracting time by the minute (without manual resetting) and controlling it directly from the HD8 without relying on software.

2. Combining multiview information screens to reduce multi-view frames, such as merging the streaming and recording displays info into one frame, or having the 2 media players and 2 colors share one small frame.

3. But for me, the most critical feature is being able to control NDI cameras directly from the board itself. That would be a huge game changer for my live streams.

Please feel free to add more feature requests to this post. Hopefully, someone from BMD will pick up the glove and take the HD8 one step further to become an awesome all-in-one machine.

Return to Live Production