Micro Converter doesn't work right

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Noahnarau

Micro Converter doesn't work right

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 2:12 pm

Hi,

I am new to Blackmagicdesign products and I need your help. So these are the products, which I am using right now:
Micro Converter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI 3G.
Atem SDI pro Iso switcher.
12G SDI cables.

I bought this gear for live streaming where long distance HDMI cables just do not work. I moved to SDI setup but I am using consumer HDMI cameras. For example: Sony A7 line up. The problem is: when I output HDMI video to converter it shows that the signal is detected but SDI output doesn't light up. For this reason I don't get video signal to my switcher. FYI: all converters' and switcher's software is up to date. What should I do?

P.S. I have the same problem, when I want to connect HDMI monitor to one of the outputs on atem switcher. It shows that the input source is not supported.

Blair Christensen

Re: Micro Converter doesn't work right

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 7:58 am

This sounds like video format compatibility issues.

Note your ATEM and converters are only compatible up to HD, so you will need to ensure your cameras are outputting compatible signals (eg. no ultra HD). Check product specs to find a video format compatible across devices. Also note the ATEM uses input 1 to set its own video format that it will convert all other inputs to.

oniongarlic

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 am

Noahnarau wrote:Hi,
P.S. I have the same problem, when I want to connect HDMI monitor to one of the outputs on atem switcher. It shows that the input source is not supported.

Check the mixer video settings, "Switcher video standard", plain computer monitors rarely support anything lower than 1080p50.
Check out my free and open software:
CutePocketRemote - https://www.tal.org/projects/cutepocketremote
CuteAtum - https://www.tal.org/projects/cuteatum

HarmanRab

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm

I am trying to output of a DVD recorder to one of the inputs of ATEM Constellation. I am not getting anything on the monitor. I am using a Micro converter to convert the HDMI to SDI. Can this be done?

Blair Christensen

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 9:43 am

HarmanRab wrote:I am trying to output of a DVD recorder to one of the inputs of ATEM Constellation. I am not getting anything on the monitor. I am using a Micro converter to convert the HDMI to SDI. Can this be done?

You really should start your own topic.
In any case...

Unless the DVD recorder can output HD, you will need to convert from SD to HD. Constellation does not accept SD input. That said, you may also have issues with HDCP...

Return to Live Production