ATEM Extreme SDI ISO Assignable Outs get Program Audio?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PrimeImageBen

ATEM Extreme SDI ISO Assignable Outs get Program Audio?

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 1:55 am

Howdy...

I just got an ATEM SDI Extreme Iso, and I've noticed that if I assign OUTPUT 1 to CAMERA 1, the video it gets is from CAMERA 1, but the audio is program audio, and not CAMERA 1's audio...

Is that normal? Or am I missing a switch somewhere... I don't want all the assignable outs to get program audio, but rather just the audio from the camera I'm selecting as the assigned output... Does that make sense?

Let me know your thoughts...

Best,

Ben

Frank Engel

Re: ATEM Extreme SDI ISO Assignable Outs get Program Audio?

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 9:16 am

The HDMI Mini models have a direct loop out feature that bypasses most of the switcher mechanisms and routes what comes in to input 1 directly to the HDMI output. I suspect that option would do what you are looking for but only with the fixed mapping and only on the HDMI models.

From what I can see there is no other option to send individual audio outputs to any of the aux outs (or any other outputs for that matter) on any ATEM model. There are numerous threads on the forum where people have been looking for this capability but consistently get replies that it is not available - all outputs get the program audio.

From what I understand this is a hardware limitation.

Blair Christensen

Re: ATEM Extreme SDI ISO Assignable Outs get Program Audio?

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 4:56 am

Frank Engel wrote:From what I can see there is no other option to send individual audio outputs to any of the aux outs (or any other outputs for that matter) on any ATEM model. There are numerous threads on the forum where people have been looking for this capability but consistently get replies that it is not available - all outputs get the program audio.

From what I understand this is a hardware limitation.

Just to update you. There are ATEM models with audio mapping capabilities. In fact this capability was recently added to the Constellation 8k (the model in question in a lot of the threads you refer to). Having said that, unfortunately for the OP, I don't believe the ATEM SDI Extreme is one of the models with audio mapping capabilities.

Perhaps BM could provide a "product comparison" option on their product website, so we could all make an informed decision based on what features are/aren't available when we are looking to make our next purchase! Especially considering the number of threads by people expecting a feature when they purchase, because it is available on other, often "lower-level", models!

Return to Live Production