Camera number and ATEM software mismatch

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Lamboht

Camera number and ATEM software mismatch

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 3:55 pm

Using BM Studio Camera 4k Pro G2 (updated firmware) and ATEM Extreme SDI ISO. Camera Number in SETUP was initially "1" but I changed it to "3". Camera SDI IN connected to Extreme SDI OUT 3. In ATEM software, OUTPUT dropdown menu for Output #3 on the Extreme I selected Camera 3.

What does work - On the Extreme when I punch the "3" input button, I get a good camera feed view on the Multiview.

What doesn't work - tally and camera control when camera 3 is selected. I CAN control the camera and get tally info if I select camera 1 on the Extreme. I have unplugged and restarted the Extreme, I have turned the camera on and off. I still get the same result. No camera control or tally info when Camera 3 is selected on the Extreme. And I can only get tally info and control when camera 1 is selected but of course there is no video when CAM 1 is selected.

codedeltajames

Re: Camera number and ATEM software mismatch

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 4:40 pm

Have you actually changed the camera ID in the camera itself?

Lamboht wrote:In ATEM software, OUTPUT dropdown menu for Output #3 on the Extreme I selected Camera 3.

This sets the video output of the ATEM's third output to the camera 3 input - it doesn't change the data that is sent with the video - all outputs carry data and camera control for all cameras.

Lamboht

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 5:04 pm

Yes I did change the Camera settings within the camera itself. In the SETUP menu, 1st screen, there are six boxes (Name, Language, Date and Time, Software, Camera and Hardware ID. I changed the "Camera" from "1" to "3".

Lamboht

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 5:12 pm

I went back and saw "ATEM Camera ID" on the 3rd screen under SETUP. I mistook the "Camera" number on the 1st screen for the "ATEM Camera ID" on the 3rd screen. Thanks for making me go back. That solved it !

Blair Christensen

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 9:39 pm

Lamboht wrote:Yes I did change the Camera settings within the camera itself. In the SETUP menu, 1st screen, there are six boxes (Name, Language, Date and Time, Software, Camera and Hardware ID. I changed the "Camera" from "1" to "3".
You need to change the ATEM camera ID on page 3 of the setup menu

Return to Live Production