Streaming quality menu since 9.3.2 update

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jerome Heiderscheidt

Streaming quality menu since 9.3.2 update

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 8:46 pm

Hi all !

Have been using atem mini & mini extreme for about 4 years. Recently updated atem software control to 9.3.2 (then 9.3.3) and suddenly I can't select all streaming qualities anymore. I can only use hyperdeck quality (low, medium and high). "Streaming low - medium & high" have gone from the list. I can a new "resolution" dialog, but it's greyed out (see screenshot).

In video settings, I see there's a new "output resolution" setting but it's also greyed out.

What's going on ?

I just want to be able to choose my streaming quality as before, so including lower settings when available bandwith is low. Surely this should still be possible !!??

The only workaround I found so far is to restore from a previous atem session, which then states "user bitrate" as the streaming quality. I know I can also modify the streaming.xml (have done it in the past for specific projects) but selecting from the GUI is more straightforward.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-25 103814.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 103814.png (121.63 KiB) Viewed 686 times

speakman

Re: Streaming quality menu since 9.3.2 update

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 10:58 am

I'm helping out a school to start streaming using Atem Mini Pro ISO. I also noticed the "Streaming" qualities are missing. Very confusing and having tons of other issues, this was a very unexpected "bug". I hope it's sorted out really quick.

William Lee

Re: Streaming quality menu since 9.3.2 update

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 10:08 am

I faced the same issue after updating to 9.3.2

This issue went away when I selected "YouTube RTMP" from the Platform's options. There is no more "YouTube" option in the lists.

I gather this is what happened. The first time I use the control software after updating, Atem populates the textboxes from the XML file of my last session. It finds the value for LiveStream serviceName and fills in the string "YouTube", which was what I used before updating. Because it couldn't find the matching bitrate options for defunct string "YouTube", it returns the value "User Bitrate".
Attachments
Screenshot_20240404_174223_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240404_174223_Video Player.jpg (875.02 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Return to Live Production