Apple Laptop Discoloration?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kjhartma

Apple Laptop Discoloration?

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 7:26 pm

Hello Experts,

Recently in our studio a faculty member came into record and brought along a newer Mac laptop with an M1 chip, I'm unsure what OS she was using. She connected it to our ATEM mini pro iso via HDMI and began to record a lecture featuring herself and PowerPoint slides.

When finished the slides, even though they had a white background, came out with a yellowish tint on them. I did some research on the Apple forums and found I needed to change a color setting on her Mac, but the issue persisted. We didn't restart the machine first so I don't know if we need to do that too. Another instructor has gone into the room and recorded with an older mac laptop and did not have this problem.

So far I can only reproduce this issue with this instructor's laptop. Windows laptops plugged into the same HDMI cable and input are recorded fine.

Anyone encounter something similar and ideas on how to fix it? I'm sure it's a mac setting somewhere, I just don't know where to begin.

Thank You.

Howard Roll

Re: Apple Laptop Discoloration?

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 9:10 am

Sometimes the laptop doesn't automatically select the correct output color space for the display. I had a similar situation a couple weeks ago, green tinge with low saturation of red and blue. Easy fix, System Settings>Display>HDTV Video (BT.709-BT.1886). Make sure you're adjusting the external display and not the laptop display.

Good Luck

display.jpg
display.jpg (161.69 KiB) Viewed 389 times

eMilty

Re: Apple Laptop Discoloration?

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 11:29 am

Check to make sure the Night Shift mode is turned off on the Mac.

Return to Live Production