Constellation 8k switcher camera control aux

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DAVIDC

Constellation 8k switcher camera control aux

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Hi
I am setting up a Constellation 8k along with a Atem camera control panel. As the Constellation has no Aux outputs to select to monitor the camera control output when joysticks are pressed, what is the procedure to setup an output to monitor camera control?

Thanks.
David.

Blair Christensen

Re: Constellation 8k switcher camera control aux

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 pm

All outputs on the 8k are effectively aux outputs, so you can select any for camera control monitoring.

In ATEM software control: Settings>General>Camera control
On the ATEM camera control panel's 1st LCD: Panel settings>Auxiliary Select

Not sure whether you can assign one aux output for software camera control and another aux for hardware control panel or whether they're one and the same?

DAVIDC

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

Hi
I have set the camera control monitoring in software to output 24 and set "aux 24 on the panel however the preview doesn't work on this output.
What i have found is the camera control monitoring/preview works on output 2 for some reason not set anywhere all a bit weird.

Blair Christensen

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 8:29 am

DAVIDC wrote:Hi
I have set the camera control monitoring in software to output 24 and set "aux 24 on the panel however the preview doesn't work on this output.
What i have found is the camera control monitoring/preview works on output 2 for some reason not set anywhere all a bit weird.
That is a bit weird! Have you tried setting another output, maybe a single digit, in case the panel firmware is incorrectly only looking at the first digit or something weird like that...?

Howard Roll

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 6:20 pm

I think we're talking about a couple different things here. The OP seems to be referring to the RCP touchdowns triggering the switch on the AUX bus, not camera control specifically. Could be something funky in the crosspoint.

Good Luck

touchdown.png
touchdown.png (122.32 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Return to Live Production