Atem mini iso pro error - need quick help!

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Greg Huson

Atem mini iso pro error - need quick help!

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 pm

Running ursa mini pro g1 through new bi-directional SDI to hdmiconverter. Loop back to ursa works, but forces the camera iso to 200. Can't find a setting for sensitivity in atem software - is it there?? 4 more hours of live recording today- would love to have that loop back for the operator! Help!
GH
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Post Production / Production
Santa Monica, CA
323 677 2092
www.SecretHQ.com
greg (at) SecretHQ.com

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Atem mini iso pro error - need quick help!

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 pm

The ISO in a camera is dB Gain in the ATEM controls. See the gain in the ATEM to what you want. Set the camera profile in the ATEM Preferences mapping menu to match the camera. I hope this helps.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

NicWassell

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 8:12 pm

On an additional note, when I did a recent multi-cam shoot with the UMP G1, I found if I booted up the camera and converter and then booted up the ATEM Mini Extreme ISO, I could still get tally and Rec start but I could control all the settings locally. This was using the bi-dir 3G so I don’t know if it would be the same on a different converter but it worked pretty consistently.

Greg Huson

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 2:45 pm

Thanks I didn't have much experimentation time and just unplugged the return. The ATEM was a rental, and although I had done a test day, had added the bi-directional converter at the last minute. I'll definitely do a more extensive test day before my next multi-cam! It would be good if things were labeled the same - or if that was at least an option. Shutter speed as angle, iso as iso rather than gain, but I fully admit that it was my first job with the sewitcher, and it works pretty good! *please add a headphone jack*
GH
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Post Production / Production
Santa Monica, CA
323 677 2092
www.SecretHQ.com
greg (at) SecretHQ.com

Return to Live Production