HyperDeck Studio Mini (old model) firmware & network control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

cmcfalls2

HyperDeck Studio Mini (old model) firmware & network control

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 4:25 pm

Our church has an older version HyperDeck Studio Mini (not the HD version). It's the one with the white background on the control screen (I think the newer ones have a black background). When plugged in to the computer via USB it is identified as "HyperDeck Studio Mini."

The HD is connected to our network and I have configured a static IP address on it. I can enter that IP address in my ATEM control software and the ATEM software sees it properly. However, when I attempt to connect to that HD via the ethernet connection it never finds it. The software says no HyperDeck found.

Why is that? Why am I unable to connect via ethernet?

Also, how in the world can I update the firmware on this unit? The only configurable settings I see via USB are the recording codec and trigger. There are no other setup controls.

Ultimately, I am trying to control this unit via an Elgato Stream Deck so I can trigger livestream and recording with a simple button press, negating the need to be within arms' reach of the equipment rack. Again, I can enter the IP address in the Stream Deck Companion software and it "sees" it but I can not control it at all.

adrumsolo4u

Re: HyperDeck Studio Mini (old model) firmware & network con

PostSun Apr 21, 2024 11:26 pm

I have this issue as well. According to the HyperDeck Setup 8.3 patch notes:

The following models have new features.
HyperDeck Studio 4K Pro
HyperDeck Studio HD Pro
HyperDeck Studio HD Plus
HyperDeck Studio HD Mini

Adds Network Record and Playback
Adds Network secure option
Adds HTTP/S

No new features in 8.4 for other HyperDeck models.

My HyperDeck, similar to yours, it seems, denotes itself as a HyperDeck Studio Mini, not an HD Mini.

I'm so bummed about this, as we can't take advantage of the network recording features. This unit has a 100-base-T ethernet connection, so there's almost no way I can conceive of it being able to record video to a network drive.

Like you, I also have issues with my unit being unable to be configured with the HyperDeck Setup utility via ethernet. I had to use a short USB C cable to get my unit to connect. My Switcher connects to it fine, as does Bitfocus companion. To confirm that the computer wasn't having a firewall issue, I confirmed that the TCP ports 9993 and 21 were open. I was able to use telnet to communicate with it, so it's not a firewall issue at all, and it's purely the software at fault.

Return to Live Production