Low/choppy frame rate through HDMI out ATEM Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

BrianHut

Low/choppy frame rate through HDMI out ATEM Mini Pro

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 am

I produce a massive Trivia night here in Shanghai and I use the ATEM mini to crossfade between my iPad and my MacBook Pro during the show. This is so we can enter scores and do other things on one device while the audience watches a movie on the other device.

I am running everything in Keynote on both devices. Here is my problem. When I directly plug my MacBook Pro or iPad directly into the HDMI cable that runs to the large LED screens in the venue, everything plays back beautiful, buttery smooth. When I run my devices to the ATEM Mini Pro switcher first and then connect that to the HDMI that runs to our LED screens, it's very very choppy and low frame rate.

I thought everything was automatically converted and figured out by the ATEM. What am I missing? Why am I having this massive frame rate issue?

Sound is handled separately through the headphone jack and not run over the HDMI, if that is relevant.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks so much everyone.

Brian

BrianHut

Re: Low/choppy frame rate through HDMI out ATEM Mini Pro

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 9:14 pm

Problem solved, my ATEM had been set to 24p. Once I downloaded the software and switched it to 60p all was right.

Brian

Return to Live Production