New to Blackmagic, having an ATEM switcher issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mylifeservices

New to Blackmagic, having an ATEM switcher issue

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Hi,

I have inherited a video\audio project at our church. We have a Blackmagic Television Studio switcher connected to
• 2 - PTZ Optics PTZ camera
• 1 – Generic PTZ camera
• 1 – video from computer
All devices are set to 1920w x 1080h resolution. The cameras are set to 29.97 fps. Both cameras work as intended thru the switch. :-)

However, the computer output DOES NOT work. I have tried both a HDMI input and an SDI input on the switcher. Neither product anything from the video out on the computer. We have no way of displaying graphics.

Prior to the addition of the 2 PTZ Optics camera, and resolution upgrade, the single camera and computer worked with a resolution of 720p 59.94 fps. We CANNOT reduce the resolution because the new PTZ cameras do not support the 720 options.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Blair Christensen

Re: New to Blackmagic, having an ATEM switcher issue

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 am

I suspect you know what the issue probably is. You need to try and set your computer to the same frame/refresh rate as the cameras.

LouisBacker

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 pm

If you can't adjust the computer display output to match, look at using a cross converter from Blackmagic, Orei or Decimator to match the computer source to the ATEM.
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

stephen_neal

PostWed May 01, 2024 8:07 am

mylifeservices wrote:Hi,

I have inherited a video\audio project at our church. We have a Blackmagic Television Studio switcher connected to
• 2 - PTZ Optics PTZ camera
• 1 – Generic PTZ camera
• 1 – video from computer
All devices are set to 1920w x 1080h resolution. The cameras are set to 29.97 fps. Both cameras work as intended thru the switch. :-)

However, the computer output DOES NOT work. I have tried both a HDMI input and an SDI input on the switcher. Neither product anything from the video out on the computer. We have no way of displaying graphics.

Prior to the addition of the 2 PTZ Optics camera, and resolution upgrade, the single camera and computer worked with a resolution of 720p 59.94 fps. We CANNOT reduce the resolution because the new PTZ cameras do not support the 720 options.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Are the cameras running interlaced or progressive?

You will need to set your computer output to the same interlaced or progressive format as the cameras (or vice versa) for the older Atems that don't have format converters on each input and require all inputs to be in an identical standard.

i.e. if your cameras are 1080/i29.97 (also known as 1080/59.94i - two ways of writing the same format) but your computer is 1080/p29.97 - or vice versa - then the Atem won't like it (by default I think the Atem uses the format of source input 1 to define its system resolution and frame rate - though this can be overridden in software control I think)

Return to Live Production