Black Magic Camera to Atem SRT Broadcast Quality ?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

christiantinman

Black Magic Camera to Atem SRT Broadcast Quality ?

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 11:30 am

I have shot with Black Magic Cameras for many years looking to get back into them. I know that some of their newer cameras can stream SRT back to the Atem or at least the ATEM Streaming Bridge. I was wondering if anyone knows if this stream (yes data depending but lets assume 20 up 20 down ) is the SRT feeds broadcast quality that would be accepted by a network for on air ? I have streamed a lot with different encoders in SRT for live webcasts and yes you can get some great quality media but not all of them are always what i would consider broadcast quality where a CBS or NBC would let it go to air.

If anyone has used the SRT streaming from the camera to the Atem before please let me know what you think it looks like quality wise. I do understand this is a bit of a broad questions cause there are so many veriables in SRT streaming so just a general response would be helpfull before i pull the trigger and get some of the cameras looking at eitehr the 6k studio pro or the newer pixa just released at NAB or the 12k Ursa would be streaming the SRT at 1080P60 and the streams would go directly to a live tv show.

So just general responses if you have used the settings before would be great other wise i might just invest in better SRT encoders and Decoders and avoid going right out of the camera.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Return to Live Production