audio and video transmitter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Reginald Richardson

audio and video transmitter

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Good day all,

I know this post don't belongs here, but just wanting to know if anyone know any device that can do the following, and if so, please point me in the right direction.

I live on an island, we are full of hills, so getting signal from one spot to the next via a transmitter/repeater would be piece of cake.

The situation,
Myself and some other local producers do lots of events that happens around the town, and every year we have the same issue with the ISP's providing us highspeed internet at the locations, in order for us to send the feed up to a central spot, and re-distribute it from the main studios.

The Idea.
We were thinking like those transmitters that TV stations users, so we can put one at each location, beam them up to the hill to the receiver which will in turn send the signal back to the studio via a TV channel or something like that.

The problem
We can't operate like a TV station, for that we'll need to request a license for TV broadcast.

So we are looking for some device that operates at a low frequency that can transmit very far, i would say over 10km, but at low frequency.
we can then place it on the hill, then send the feed to that, and then that send the feed back to the main studio

thanks
VidMedia Solutions
ATEM-TVS | ATEM 1 M/E | BMD Mini-Recorder | BMD Smart Duo | BMD Decklink Mini Recorder | BMD MicroConv SDI to HDMI

Thomas Seewald

Re: audio and video transmitter

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Maybe you can set up a LAN bridge using directional radio e.g. by changing antennas at the "normal" bridges / routers to yagi antennas. So you could "stream" your program to your relais station.

But I don't know, neiter if antenna exchange is legal in island, nor if you will reach te 10km....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Chad

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Well if you can't get an RF license, then your only option is unlicensed frequencies like WiFi. Some ingenious people have achieved ranges of nearly 100km using parabolic directional attenas. Do a search for long range wifi. If you go that route you could stick a pair of Teradek Cubes on either end and send/receive SDI and or HDMI signals that way.

John Saunders

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm

I've been looking into these. They look very promising but I haven't tested them yet. http://www.ubnt.com/airfiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Saunders

Return to Live Production