SDI to HDMI mini-converter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mattod

SDI to HDMI mini-converter

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm looking to use the mini converter to take an SDI feed that currently runs to a broadcast monitor, but split it so it can still run to that monitor via SDI, and then do a DELL LCD monitor via HDMI. I know it will convert the SDI to HDMI, but want to confirm that it will run both the SDI output and HDMI output at the same time.

thanks,
mattod

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

Re: SDI to HDMI mini-converter

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Hello Mattod,

Yes, the SDI loopthrough on the SDI to HDMI Mini Converter will be a direct loopthrough of the incoming signal, so you can take the SDI output to a broadcast monitor.

As far as the HDMI output from the converter, this is designed more to go to a HDTV and not necessarily a computer monitor. As computer monitors will be dealing in the RGB color space and output from the converter will be in the YUV color space, this may not work if the monitor only accepts the RGB color space (most modern TVs should be able to handle both).

You may want to double check that the monitor supports both color spaces.

If the monitor only supports a RGB color space, you may want to look at using our HDLink Pro instead as this does the color space conversion and is designed to work with DVI computer monitors.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

mattod

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Perfect answer.
Thanks, Albert!

Chad

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 pm

It really depends on the monitor. I have a 2 Dell LCD monitors, one that works (P2210t) and one that doesn't (P2211h). The one that does has a menu option to switch between RGB and YUV.

Return to Live Production