Green HDMI-In on the ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Simon Bachofen

Green HDMI-In on the ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 am

Hy

Sometimes we get a strange error on the ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher. The whole HDMI-Signal goes green-ish...the picture is still visible, but colored green. Video sources were several macs and the problem starts usually when changing video settings (but also at other occasions).

If you disconnect the power of the ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher and start again, the problem is solved. But i didn't figured out another way to solve that and after restarting you have to reload all your media, so it's not a very nice solution to this problem. Is somebody familiar with that issue?

Thanx!

Eric Harrison

Re: Green HDMI-In on the ATEM 2 M/E Production Switcher

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 pm

I've had the same thing happen to me with my ATEM 1 M/E.

JamesParker

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Same with us on our 2 ME.
J.Parker
Creative Director

Liam Kennedy

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Maybe problem related to the graphics card "randomly" switching in to a mode where it is not sending YUV color signal to the ATEM? (that's all it supports). Of course the ATEM power reset fix does seem like it would be indicating something up with that.

Now... on my laptop i've never had to change anything other than the frame rate to 59Hz to get it to directly connect with my TVS or 1ME. But I have heard of other users having to go further in to the advanced settings to force the output from RGB (the default) to YUV.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Simon Bachofen

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 am

Any Solution yet?

We still have the problem. Our solution so far: We use the HDMI-SDI Mini-Converters, where we don't get the error with the same Computers...

STB

PostThu May 30, 2013 3:30 am

We have the same issue but when outputting from a Canon XF 105 via HDMI. The SDI output looks fine but the HDMI output does not work. We have tried multiple cables and different Canon cameras. If we run it through a ATEM Camera converter it works fine.

We have tried resetting all power and items with same results.

These same cameras work fine on the HDMI inputs for the regular TV Studio switchers that we also own.

Colin Sandy

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Didn't know there was such an issue until I was shooting this video
. The response I got from tech support is that many cameras (DSLRs and consumer cams for examples) and computers don't output the HDMI signal in the YUV color space the ATEM is expecting. A pro camera with an HDMI output apparently will (I was able to independently verify this).
Colin Sandy
Sandy Audio Visual LLC

marc.colemont

PostTue Jun 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Use an EDID emulator or an HDMI switch with a HDMI monitor connected at the first port.
That way you can set the Colorspace to YUV. As some computers can also generate RGB colorspace.
Check your output setting to output HDTV. Those settings will force YUV colorspace anyway.

Return to Live Production