Smart Scope Duo 4K & computer

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

riklard

Smart Scope Duo 4K & computer

PostThu Nov 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi,
My question will be very simple. Can I use only one computer to use the smart scope duo 4K AND the software control panel of the ATEM 1ME 4k?
The smart scope duo has a loop through connector so Can I:

Link my ATEM 1ME 4k, ethernet outpout to the smart scope duo 4k and use the second outpout to link my computer to use the software panel of the ATEM.

The fact is I need the smart scope but have to use a computer to change configuration is a little frustrating.

Last question, is using a 12x12 smart hub, a good idea to control what appear on each monitor?
If I have 4 sources, can I say to the smarthub, ok, give me input 1 on monitor 1, input 3 on monitor 2?

Many thanks,

Riklard
www.riklard.com
Multimédia Art Director

MambaFiber.com

Re: Smart Scope Duo 4K & computer

PostFri Nov 28, 2014 3:48 am

Yes you can use the Ethernet connections on the smart scope like a 2 port switch, and connect the computer to one port and the atem to the other. Don't forget to give your smart scope an IP address via the usb cable in the same same subnet as your atem!

Using the video hub is an excellent way to feed your monitors. All of our systems utilize a videohub, and all sources go to the videohub first, then videohub outputs are used to feed the atem inputs, and more videohub outputs to feed monitors and things. This way any source can be routed anywhere needed without the need to change a single video cable.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

riklard

PostFri Nov 28, 2014 11:42 am

Thank you for your precise answer.
I tought I would insert the video hub after the ATEM.Meaning using the SDI outpouts of the ATEM to go trough the hub to feed smart scope duo 4K. I tought it would reduce delays between cams and the ATEM.
Does the hub synchronise all sources. What is the benefits provided by inserting the hub straight to the cams ?
I have just seen that Smart scope duo has usb control feature but not the 4k.Anyone confirm? It would be a good solution for me to in order to use the same computer to configure the SSDuo 4K.

Thank you.
www.riklard.com
Multimédia Art Director

MambaFiber.com

PostFri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I should have mentioned that all of the atem outputs go into the videohub as well, program, preview, all auxes, etc. this allows any monitor to see a source directly, or through the switcher. It also makes it easy to create multiple outputs of the same signal without the need for external distribution systems. Our rigs have the 2me atem and 40x40 videohub, so lots of possibilities without having to repatch any cables.

The videohub does not synchronize anything, nor does it add or remove any appreciable delay. Thiink of it as a virtual patchbay. The atem can add up to 3 frames of delay depending on the scenario, but I find that it is generally less than 2 frames of delay with free running sources. If delay is a concern them genlocking every single component to a common reference signal is the best way IMO, but not all gear have an input for doing this.

And yes, the smart scope 4k does have a USB port. You can control any of the monitors by usb or Ethernet, but can only set the IP address via usb. Usually this can be set and left.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

riklard

PostFri Nov 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Thank you for your answers!
www.riklard.com
Multimédia Art Director

Return to Live Production