List of computers that works with BMD USB3.0 products

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

james920

Re: List of Laptops that works with BMD USB3.0 products

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 3:06 pm

from where i can found this list ??

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Ummmm. The first post in this thread has the list.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

nelliza111

PostMon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Fujitsu Lifebook AH532, NH532 - work with Intensity without any problems (windows 8)

westframe

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 1:13 pm

John Waldorff wrote:Has anyone a Macbook AIR working with Ultrastudio usb3?
Thanks.

Anyone got the UltraStudio USB3 working with MacBookPro 15" (late 2012) ?

Why does the Intensity USB3 owrk with mac, and not the Ultrastudio / Atem1 ... etc??

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 5:01 pm

re: the Station-Drivers web site

Is that site some user-supported-community web site - or is it some manufacturer supported thing by Renesas?

Now that the Station-Drivers web site has been down for some time (maybe a week)... this begs a question. Is there an alternative?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 5:16 pm

We're working on finding an alternative to supply you folks a place to go for drivers. We'll update when we have something for you.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Xtreemtec

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 pm

I will check if i have the latest version of the driver still in my download directory.

Maybe BMD can put it up for download. (i know it is not propperty of BMD.. But this calls for other messures right??)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Maybe BMD can put it up for download. (i know it is not propperty of BMD.. But this calls for other messures right??)

Unfortunately, that's not an option for us at this time.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Xtreemtec

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Would you have it rather put on mediafire or other sketchy download site were it is always the question which download button you have to press otherwise your installing some crap software that takes ages before it is removed from your computer...

I could try to put it into a Wetransfer upload.. These links normally go dead after 30 days.. Then re-upload it again.. Not completely the way to go.. But hey if it works... :|
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

westframe

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 9:36 am

This might help, if you have 1x Thunderbolt (for BM input) and no ports left over for monitor/preview output.

USB3 > HDMI
http://www.j5create.com/our-products/external-video-adapters-usb3/jua350.html

Adam Simmons

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 pm

westframe wrote:This might help, if you have 1x Thunderbolt (for BM input) and no ports left over for monitor/preview output.

USB3 > HDMI
http://www.j5create.com/our-products/external-video-adapters-usb3/jua350.html
As I said elsewhere when you posted exactly the same thing, why wouldn't you just use a BM device that gives Input and output so you can monitor through that? The device you linked to isn't really for video monitoring, it's for adding in an extra computer monitor.
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

geraldft

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 7:08 am

Anyone know if Haswell chip works with BM USB 3 devices? This is the new Intel chipset that seems pretty ubiquitous. It would be pretty sad if it didn't work... G

BTW do BM offer return of product if it doesn't work?

Xtreemtec

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 7:37 am

As what i have heard from a Dealer they don't anymore.. As there are to many problems with USB 3 components that are coming from user hardware / software.

So once you buy a USB 3 product. And it doesn't work on your hardware there are 2 options. Sell it second hand or try to get it working with additional hardware. (For laptops this is almost impossible but for PC's you could add a Renesas USB 3 card inside.

geraldft

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 am

Hey thanks for insight.

Maybe I can take my new lappy to the shop and get them to try it there? Or maybe even straight to Melbourne BM office... :) The thing is I bought a quite powerful laptop on the assumption I'd be able to do some video capture via the new USB 3 port.

Otherwise it sounds like a product that might have to be pulled from the market?

BTW - maybe some confusion about chipsets vs USB controllers? My processor chipset (Northbridge?) is Haswell but the "core logic" is HM87 according to manufacturer. When I check in device manager it lists a "USB 3 Extensible Host Controller" (Intel drivers) which I assume is the actual culprit that might determine if the BM shuttle actually works?

G..

Xtreemtec

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am

Ah intel extensible host manager.. Could work. As long as you don't work with windows 8.

Check the first post of the topic. There is info about this.

geraldft

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 8:04 am

HI

It's a Clevo with Win 7 64 - I didn't want to push my luck with Win 8 yet! I don't see any identical chipsets other than some that say "intel". So seems there is no sure thing, other than there is no other listing that says it doesn't work... :(

Adam Simmons

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 am

Which Clevo is it? I've found that Clevo's tend to be the most reliable ones for working with the USB 3 shuttle. My Ivybridge and Haswell ones work both under Win 7 and Win 8, you just have to force in the latest Intel driver under Win 8
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.

geraldft

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 3:43 am

Hi Adbear

Thanks that seems to suggest hope... I'll order a shuttle and post back my results..

BTW No-one in Melbourne Australia - which is where BM is based - has offered to take it back if it doesn't work...

My laptop is a W350ST - Metabox but same as Clevo. It has the Intel extensible host controller mentioned elsewhere - hopefully this is the clue that means it might really work...

BTW - I notice that some 17" Clevo's now have Thunderbolt ports. I'd guess that would have been a more reliable way to go for Black Magic devices?

G

Adam Simmons

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 7:06 am

I find it strange that they aren't required to take it back. Over here in the UK we have a distance selling law that means if you buy it online you have 7 days within which you can return it for a full refund minus carriage as long as it's in pristine condition.
I haven't tried that exact model, but the previous version with the Ivy bridge processor worked with the shuttle under Windows 7 and the P170SM and P370SM. Just make sure you have the latest USB 3 driver from Intel
I have the Thunderbolt P370SM and it does work well with the Thunderbolt devices. I've even captured uncompressed 4K on to it. and it allows me to have 2x256GB mSATA drives as well as 2x1TB hardrives and an optical drive which I can replace with another 1TB drive if I buy a bay. Only downside is you lose the option for Quicksync encoding as it doesn't allow you to use the Intel GPU
Don't forget that you can should also be able to use the mSATA as an extra drive. I know I can in the P170SM and the P370SM

geraldft

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 am

Report news for Clevo W350ST Haswell. Win 7 64 bit.

Intel USB3 X host controller - driver version 2.5.0.19

Also tried update to ver 2.5.1.28 8/8/2013

Desktop Video ver 9.7.5

Shuttle connects initially and managed to make a couple of captures, then it started disconnecting / reconnecting and loses the plot! Sometimes I can get it to work again but it's basically flaky. Often after playing back a clip - that seems to make it disconnect.

Update to DeskTop Video 9.7.7 doesn't work at all..

Back Tracked to DeskTop Video 9.7 seems to improve matters. Main glitch seems to be the Intensity Shuttle must be plugged in before starting capture program...

Maybe using a USB hub might help??? (Assuming it's possibly a power issue...?)

Adam Simmons

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 5:24 am

Don't use the 9.7.7 drivers they don't work with the USB 3 shuttle.
Could be a power issue I suppose, but it is supposed to supply enough to run USB 3 devices. I assume you are running on mains and not battery.
Which USB 3 socket are you using? I found the best one is the one closest to the Ethernet socket and make sure you don't have anything plugged in to the one next to it. Also don't try and connect or disconnect any other devices whilst using it otherwise it will cause it to drop out

geraldft

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks

"Don't use the 9.7.7 drivers they don't work with the USB 3 shuttle. " As I discovered... isn't that amazing, they actually don't work. What were they written for? Thunderbolt maybe?

(Please excuse slight tone of sarcasm...)

"I assume you are running on mains and not battery. " Always.

"I found the best USB3 is the one closest to the Ethernet socket."

There are only two. They both work equally - except when they decide to be flaky.... A few times I've succeeded in locking up the whole computer needing a cold reboot. (This being something I've not experienced with any hardware since the evolution to Win7.) Then other times it all seems ok?

BTW - Has anyone considered hacking the box and applying an external power supply? I guess this would be the equivalent of using a powered hub anyway...

On balance - It's useable but doesn't inspire confidence since you never know when it's going to die on you in a bad way... BTW even the Media Express software is a bit shaky. If you lose or unplug the USB while it open, then clips won't play back. You have to close Media Express and reopen to get them to play...

grumble.

Adam Simmons

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Well you could try what others have tried on some Sandy bridge laptops and try turning off the Bluetooth and wireless to see if that makes it more stable. Personally I've not had any issues with the Clevo laptops, but I've only tried the 17" version of yours

bhook

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 2:12 pm

I have been asked to live stream using either a Lenovo W510 or W520 running Windows 7 Pro and am considering the Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 with the HDMI feed from my Canon C100. All of this confusion about whether or not it will work is frightening to say the least.

Can anyone confirm the Lenovo W510 or W520 as a "GO" or "NO GO"? Thanks!

bhook

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Nothing about the Lenovo W520? Please....

Liam Kennedy

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Unfortunately users do not have every combination of laptop out there... and that means sometimes you have to just try it out.

bhook

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Yea, I understand but the Lenovo 500 series is a pretty popular high end PC laptop. I imagine somebody has tried it. USB3.0 is scary enough...even more so with BMD US3.0 devices. I guess I'll have to grab a couple of hundred bucks off the old money tree and do it the hard way. It does sort of defeat the purpose of user forums though. Maybe I can unload it on ebay if it turns out to be a paper w8. :lol:

JohnBengston

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Marc, big fan of your sense of humor, keep it up!

If you wanna be sure BMD USB3 works, my advise is not to use a laptop at all. People will start thinking I'm working for gigabyte, but I cannot recommend their BRIX enough.

UK Prices, but basically £200 for the base unit, £60 for a 64GB SSD, and £40 for 4GB of RAM + OS of your choice. you pay less than for a mid-range laptop, then remote control via VNC (or obviously I would rather people used JustMacros), if you like, you can even connect the HDMI / Display port output to a TVS / ATEM 1ME via the HDMI inputs. It works amazing for the cost, and is 4 inch by 4 inch by just over an inch think. They even come with VESA mount to making installing into a rig very easy.

I'm think I'm becoming a little bit obsessed with them.

Zero issue having the ATEM USB3 in one port, and 3 cascaded Hubs and 15 USB2 devices hanging off the other (including H264 encoder). Zero issues with USB3 on Windows 8 (although again I replace the shell with JustMacros). Whole system boots up in 7 seconds and is streaming via MX light, and passing USB3 to Black Magics MJPEG encoder for easy editable copy (store out to a USB HDD) whenever needed.

My other advise if trying this approach, is I have a strange effect where I need to pass the ATEM data through the Black Magic Design DMO decoder, when using Directshow on Windows, which I don't normally have to do with Decklink sources, but I haven't investigated as to why this is the case.

I know you are asking about a specific laptop, but I think it's worth publishing this advice, because the laptop USB3 is a bit hit and miss by most accounts, and if you want Desktop PC reliability / compatibility, at the cost and portability of a cheap laptop, there are a few other options, BRIX being a great one in my opinion, maybe go for i5 or i7 if doing local trans-coding.

Here is a screen shot showing of the low spec hardware being used, honestly to great effect, using BMDs, (getting pretty d4mn good now), products. (Probably have to zoom in to see details)

Good Luck with whatever option you go for.

John

bhook

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 11:28 pm

JohnBengston wrote:Marc, big fan of your sense of humor, keep it up!

Thank you very much John. I needed that...especially today. It seems not everyone appreciates my sense of humor and I'm obviously far too old to change. ;)

The Brix looks awesome! What a wonderful solution. I saw the DC in power port...could it operate on batteries? My personal situation is very constrained in that I have to use the equipment I'm sent so the W520 will have to fail with the Shuttle (or any other solution that might be out there for HDMI into the W520) before I can hope to explore the Brix method.

I am humbled by your obvious expertise.

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 12:03 am

mhood wrote:Yea, I understand but the Lenovo 500 series is a pretty popular high end PC laptop. I imagine somebody has tried it. USB3.0 is scary enough...even more so with BMD US3.0 devices. I guess I'll have to grab a couple of hundred bucks off the old money tree and do it the hard way. It does sort of defeat the purpose of user forums though. Maybe I can unload it on ebay if it turns out to be a paper w8. :lol:

Marc - a user based forum doesn't guarantee a user out there has both the Intensity Shuttle and the specific laptop model you reference - despite how popular it is. Just the way it is. Sorry. Getting down on the forum (and the people here who try to help) for that... seems a little pointless.

But.. you could try it.. test it.. then report back on the results. Now THAT would be a true example of what a community forum should be like. YOU could contribute back. YAY!!! :P

bhook

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 12:23 am

Look what I found in the bowls of the Livestream Website*:

NOTE: The BlackMagic USB 3.0 encoding devices only officially support certain USB 3.0 devices/chipsets. Our team has tested the Intensity Shuttle with version 9.1.0 and the following laptops: MSI GE620, IBM Lenovo W520. This device is NOT compatible with Dell computers. We give no guarantee it will work on any other USB 3.0 device.

I'll order an Intensity Shuttle tomorrow.

* sure hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by quoting another Website. :D

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 am

mhood wrote:Look what I found in the bowls of the Livestream Website*:

NOTE: The BlackMagic USB 3.0 encoding devices only officially support certain USB 3.0 devices/chipsets. Our team has tested the Intensity Shuttle with version 9.1.0 and the following laptops: MSI GE620, IBM Lenovo W520. This device is NOT compatible with Dell computers. We give no guarantee it will work on any other USB 3.0 device.

I'll order an Intensity Shuttle tomorrow.

* sure hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by quoting another Website. :D

GREAT DETECTIVE WORK!!! And no... no rules broken... I would have been kicked off a long time ago if that was an issue.

EDIT: Haha... you must be joshing with me... you've posted over 800 times on the forum... I would somehow think at least some of those post would have included links already. You sly fox you!!
Last edited by Liam Kennedy on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnBengston

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 am

mhood wrote:The Brix looks awesome! What a wonderful solution. I saw the DC in power port...could it operate on batteries? My personal situation is very constrained in that I have to use the equipment I'm sent so the W520 will have to fail with the Shuttle (or any other solution that might be out there for HDMI into the W520) before I can hope to explore the Brix method.

I understand my post was a bit off topic, and suspected you might be locked into the Laptop options you initially defined, but when you mentioned the money tree, I thought it was worth pointing out a slightly left-field option in case you were considering buying a laptop as well as the USB3 shuttle.

The most obvious other solution, that stands out is MacBook Pro with a thunderbolt BMD device, but I guess this is a whole new proposition.

I've actually tried many many machines with various USB3 BMD devices (most of them I think), and never had a problem, but mostly I use Desktops/Servers. The thing about laptops is there so is so much extra stuff running both in terms of software, and power saving that different manufacturers have. Not to mention a new model every other week, the list this thread is trying to compose is always going to have holes. Lenovo machines are pretty good in my experience, I reckon you'll be all right, but you're right it's a gamble (life would be boring without).

As for the BRIX, they run on 3Amp 12V switched mode PSU, pretty standard, but you'd need a decent battery to run them for long periods without mains, they obviously aren't ARM, your running a full blown iCore CPU with HD4000 integrated graphics, but the motherboards are seriously cut down, so they are not too bad, not requiring a screen helps too. Generally speaking: If you are looking for stable platforms to setup computers that are processing as part of your transmission chain on mobile productions, I believe giving these things a look as an alternative to a laptop is probably worth while.

Good luck again, and I doubt you'll have problems selling the USB3 device if it turns out not to work.

NOTE: Some of camera posts have had "groups of us", almost rolling around laughing.

Cheers

John

Thomas Beck

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 8:57 pm

I say give them a shot. MY sony vaio laptops originally did not work with the usb 3.0 functions at all. If I plugged in the atem I got a bsod. Somewhere along the line however either sony and/or bmd installed an update and now my laptops work just fine.

champions magic

PostSun Oct 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi there, I started using black magic design (atem studio 4k) two month ago and its been awesome. However
I encountered a little but serious challenge recently with my laptop HDMI input. I have tried to input all parameters but still can't see any displayed signal on the switcher but connecting a camera with HDMI out on the same atem input source it shows. Why. I uses an hp 630 laptop

Liam Kennedy

PostSun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 pm

champions magic wrote:Hi there, I started using black magic design (atem studio 4k) two month ago and its been awesome. However
I encountered a little but serious challenge recently with my laptop HDMI input. I have tried to input all parameters but still can't see any displayed signal on the switcher but connecting a camera with HDMI out on the same atem input source it shows. Why. I uses an hp 630 laptop

Does this problem have ANYTHING to do with USB3 input? If not... you should create a completely NEW thread... otherwise it will just completely confuse and mess with this post which is about somthing different.

Please post your question to a NEW thread.

champions magic

PostSun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi, saw your rep. Can't seem to find a thread that matches my request. Can you link me pls! (Connecting HDMI LAPTOP TO STUDIO 4K SWITCHER)

Liam Kennedy

PostSun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 pm

You just have to create a NEW thread. No need to attach it to something else.

Just click the NEW TOPIC button near the top of the posts here

alloutEVO

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 8:03 pm

mhood, do you have a link to that quote?

bhook

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 8:27 pm

alloutEVO wrote:mhood, do you have a link to that quote?

http://store.livestream.com/products/intensity-shuttle

Xtreemtec

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 1:24 pm

@ John, I like the idea behind Brix.. Would it also be fast enough to work as a Full HD Waveform / Vectorscope device?

That would mean I could hook it up to my Atem and connect a HD monitor to it just to do this. Which I never managed to get running on my Laptop. :roll:

Would be a nice and cost effective solution.

JohnBengston

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Yeah man, I totally agree a BRIX with a decent GPU would be great.

At the moment the ones I have all have HD4000 graphics, and the BMD Ultra Scope software says they won't do something required. I though UltraScope only worked with NVidia, but the support link is broken so cannot confirm.

There is no good technical reason the next models (due out pretty soon) based on Haswell with Iris Pro Graphics can't take on pretty heavy duty Graphics tasks, sure Iris Pro isn't going to be equivalent to high end PRO GPUs (Quadros), but should compete with mid-to-high end GeForce cards. Whether that will mean BMD Ultrascope is supported is a bit questionable at the moment.

When these versions come out, I'll grab them and check:

To be honest with the 19" rack mount Duo-scopes only costing $999, we don't bother with the BMD software, and the hardware solution (with remote control - of course) is just so d4mn good.

If you really want to analysis and process SDI data on a computer, and there are plenty of 3rd party filters for Windows (and I'm sure Linux too) that will do the job, without the overhead of the BMD software: e.g.

http://heidabyr.com/2009/12/09/high-performance-vectorscopewaveform-monitor-directshow-filter-for-video-professionals/

For more developer focused commercial solutions look to Boian Mitov who has a set of components for every development language that will allow you to do everything the BMD Ultrascope software does, plus much more, with lesser restrictions on hardware required, his stuff works fantastically with Black Magic hardware. He has Audio and Video labs, but you might want to have a look at the Signal Lab stuff, and build a Scope to your specific requirements.

http://www.mitov.com/html/signallab.html

Either of these solutions will work nicely on a £300 ($500-ish) low end (i3) Gigabyte BRIX, and process the USB3 uncompressed stream from the ATEMs easily without hardly effecting the CPU (especially if you chop the data down to 8bit before processing).

Sorry it's not better news, I can't recommend the BMD 19" rack Duo scope enough though, they are a great cost-effective scope solution, with close to zero hassle.

Cheers

John

Xtreemtec

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 4:26 pm

From the Ultrascope Manual
full frame-rate HD monitoring of all 6 scopes requires either an Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT or faster, or an ATI Radeon 4670 or faster graphics card.

UltraScope

Blackmagic UltraScope requires a graphics card that supports Open GL 2.1 or better and have a Texture Fill Rate of >22,000 MT/s. The following PCI-Express graphics cards have been internally tested for use with Blackmagic UltraScope though it is expected newer cards will work without problem:

nVidia GeForce 9800 GT
nVidia GeForce GTS 250
nVidia GeForce GTX 275
nVidia GeForce GTX 285
nVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti
nVidia GeForce GTX 570
nVidia GeForce GTX 580
nVidia Quadro FX 4800
ATI Radeon HD 4650
ATI Radeon HD 4670
ATI Radeon HD 4680

So it may be possible depending on which 4000 series GPU is inside..

Why I would love to work with this solution is because of the OBV I have. I have a video wall of 4 monitors. HDMI matrix switched.

This a solution that would better fit my story than the duoscopes. As I can change the position of shading, switching, sound etc.

Would be interesting IF it would work..

JohnBengston

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm

So the screen shot of an i3 BRIX using the Montivision filter I linked to looks like this:

Link to take you to full screen image:
http://www.justmacros.tv/pictures/ScreenShotFromi3BRIXWithMVDirectShowScopes.png

I'm still figuring out exactly how to best construct the capture to render graph to minimise CPU usage, but I'm displaying all 4 Graph Outputs here, and a render of the video, and using 34% on the cheapest i3 BRIX. It can definitely be done better, but I've just spent 20minutes messing around with it. I might be inclined to go for an i7 BRIX which costs a little more, if you are going to split screen like this, if you just wanted to switch between modes, an i3 or i5 would seem fine.

Hopefully BMD will expand support to include Intels embedded GPUs in the 2nd,3rd and now 4th gen iCore chips. I believe the next MacBook Pro is likely to ship with Iris Pro GFX (albeit specially tweaked for Apple), and hence perhaps BMD might choose to support these chips for the Ultrascope, and not only discrete GPU cards.

Xtreemtec

PostTue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 am

Thank you John, You have been more than helpful to me. *Off wander on the NET to buy a Brix :mrgreen:

mlavta1

PostMon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 am

What about these laptops?

Lenovo Ideapad z580
Asus N750JV
Asus k55v

Riekelt Goucem

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Brand: ASUS
Type: Taichi 31 (model CX018H)
Pricepoint: ~1250
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Chipset: Intel QS77
Driver: Stock
Firmware: --
Ultrascope softw: Yet to be tested
Media express: Works!
Hardware:
ATEM1 > Yet to be tested
Ultrascope pocket > Yet to be tested
Intensity > Works
Ultrastudio > Yet to be tested

I got it to work, to my surprise. I've recorded 25 minutes of footage, and during the 2nd recording my laptop bluescreened.

edit: I hard-reset my laptop, and after only installing the latest Desktop Video, I got the shuttle to work. Can't say if it crashes when using it for a longer period of time though

aeldryn

PostThu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi,
Im thinking about buying the Alienware 17 or ASUS G750, both with Haswell and HM78. Is there any update or report, if I can expect it to work with Intensity 3.0 ?
Thanks

aeldryn

PostSun Dec 29, 2013 10:52 am

Brand: ASUS
Type: G750JH-T4053H
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 780M
Chipset: Intel HM87
Operating system: Windows 8.1
Driver: modified Windows8_8.1_intel_x64_Series_7_USB_3.0_fixmypc.com.mt
Blackmagic driver: 7.7.7.0

I can confirm, that in this combination the Intensity Shuttle works in Resolume 4. Switching between imputs and formats in realtime without crash or stuck.
However the Media Live software is still blank....but Im not using that

Matt Cavi

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Mike Squires wrote:The Asus G53, G74, and G55 all work with the Intesity Shuttle and the Ultra studio.

Can someone confirm this?

It will not work on my G55. Like at all.. I have a thunderbolt Intensity that works great on the G55, but with the USB3 it acts like it works but shows no video, even though the source says it is sending video..

Seems to be the controller, I guess this only works with the NEC controller.
PreviousNext

Return to Live Production