Blurry Looking 720p

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Riccio

Blurry Looking 720p

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 am

For the past few years I've been using the Black Magic Intensity Pro for doing livestreams. Only recently I've started recording and livestreaming in 720p. Because of that I've noticed that the quality of the picture coming in from my BMIP is actually quite blurry. It's almost like looking through glasses that aren't meant for your eyes. Is this an issue with older version of the card? Or is there some setting that I seem to be missing?

My setup:

Component Xbox 360/PS3 being split before going into the card (I have a signal amplifier making sure that the quality doesn't degrade) Also the picture on my TV looks fine (even if I swap the cables).

Both consoles are set to 720p, the BMIP settings on my PC are set to 720p 59.94 (since 60 doesn't give me an image at all)

While it is somewhat hard to notice, it's always there and it bothers me since it almost seems to give me a headache when I look at footage of it for too long.

It's hard to describe so I attached a link to a screen grab:
http://i.imgur.com/UneIP79.jpg
The Text seems mostly clear, but if you look at other game icons in the Cross Media bar, they seem blurred.

Heres another shot with more text:
http://i.imgur.com/Na70hXQ.jpg

It's just bothersome that for some reason it doesn't seem to be as crisp as other people's footage who also use BMIP.

If the issue is because I'm using component, can anyone think of a reason why my HDMI in wouldnt work with the consoles? (It works when I use it with an HDMI from my PC) and the HDMI out works fine.

I apologize for such a long winded post, but I just can't seem to find an answer anywhere!
Thanks in advance!

-Riccio

micahd

Re: Blurry Looking 720p

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

The HDMI output probably doesn't work because of HDCP . That is the copy-protection built into many HDMI devices.

The blurry images look like a low bitrate issue. Can you increase the bitrate/quality you are capturing?

Return to Live Production